Relationships and Dyspraxia

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Relationships and Dyspraxia

Postby Page » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:32 am

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote: If she *is* interested in you, she will break up with her boyfriend.

Be careful. I may not be the most knowledgeable about these things but I can recognize a potentially huge problem: if she would leave the guy she's currently with for Bladen, then what would stop her from leaving Bladen for someone else eventually? Personally, I would never be able to fully trust someone like her in a relationship if I were in Bladen's situation, whether they are a friend or not is beside the point.
Page
Mega Poster

Postby Bladen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Pretty much, its a tricky situation I'm in.
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I agree with both Page and Esther. I personally couldn't trust someone like her as well because I would be worried that she would do the same thing to me. However, for all we know, her current boyfriend could be a total jerk and totally deserves to get dumped.

Sabotage is definitely not a good idea, you've got more chance of it blow up in your face, making you look bad and then you haven't really got a chance.

Personally, for now I would wait it out and see what happens. Life works in mysterious ways and you never know, something good might happen.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Bladen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm content with waiting, I couldn't endure the thought of sabotage but i'm hoping that their relationship takes its course and perhaps I might get a happily ever after for once in my life if she becomes available.
Friend wise I wouldn't even dare do anything to upset her, she's very close as a friend and she's also the lead singer for our band. I demand that everyone be as nice as possible to her. She seems to have some dyspraxic traits too but she's too lazy to go get an assessment for it. Meh.
"Good things come to those who wait" and if waiting is all I can do, waiting and hoping that the day that never comes will come for me. 8)
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Spoon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:34 pm

I went on a date with someone yesterday and then saw them again today at an internet forum meet up. He's younger than me and so I was trying to keep things quiet that we were seeing each other for a little while, until I had a better understanding of his maturity and just where he is emotionally...but then word got out and some idiots who are only slightly younger than him started making sexual comments about everything. It was just really immature and not the reassurance I needed that dating someone younger is ok. When I got back home I saw one of them had posted something on my facebook about 'sexy times with El in the toilet'. How immature are these people, seriously! The reference was actually to the fact that I'd found them and their partner in the toilet together....

It just grrrrrr....I mean it's up to me and him whether we want the relationship to be sexual in any way to begin with. Throwing lube at us just made me feel so not confident in the whole age gap....

On the plus side he is comparatively a lot more mature and we connect quite well. Our hands meet as we walk down the street which is nice because it's more natural. Dyspraxia came up but only because he'd been talking about his family. One of his brothers has aspergers, another has ADHD and his family are pretty sure he has ADHD too. Tourettes came up too. He just playfully tried to make me tic for a bit then it was fine.
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:05 am

His friends may be being immature because they think that he will stop spending time with them because he's dating you and they're jealous.

Or maybe they are angry that he kept a secret from them.

Or maybe they really are jus mind-blowingly childish people.

Or maybe all of the above.

Whatever the truth, you are not dating his friends. You are dating him. So ignore their silliness.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 am

Guys are pretty damned childish I'm afraid. Even at 18 my friends are mostly idiots. I see myself as one of the more mature people.

In fact, one of my friends who is 25 defaced one of his friends girlfriends pictures (sexually) when she was around the uni corridor, set it as his background and was surprised when the guy was annoyed. I say ignore them and just stick with the guy that you are interested in.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:39 pm

0_0, biggest shock in a while. this lass I'm on about broke up with her boyfriend because he made no effort to see her and he really pissed her off on friday night by making her leave early because he couldn't stand up to his parents pestering.
So, I'm waiting for the right time but how will I know the time and conditions are right to confess?
I'd rather not risk jumping in too soon.
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Spoon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 am

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:His friends may be being immature because they think that he will stop spending time with them because he's dating you and they're jealous.

Or maybe they are angry that he kept a secret from them.

Or maybe they really are jus mind-blowingly childish people.

Or maybe all of the above.

Whatever the truth, you are not dating his friends. You are dating him. So ignore their silliness.

The annoying thing was that they weren't even his friends, just some aquaintances and one close friend of mine who is 25 was joining in too. Oh well, I'm just going to go with the flow really!
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 am

Going with the flow sounds like a good idea.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Now I'm almost posotive two of my new friends like me (I mentioned about one of them earlier). Why are guys suddenly interested in me since I came to uni? Why aren't either of them even remotely my type of guy (sweet as they both are)?And why are all my attempts to indicate lack of interest failing?

Alright, you can spare me the obligatory "your a nice girl" answers to the first question, but I want to know about the second two.

Also, since I came to uni, I've been more interested in boys (more acurately, certain types of boys), and it's really confusing. This may sound stupid to everyone else, but I was sort of starting to hope I was asexual, it would have made life so much easier.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Alice wrote:Now I'm almost posotive two of my new friends like me (I mentioned about one of them earlier). Why are guys suddenly interested in me since I came to uni? Why aren't either of them even remotely my type of guy (sweet as they both are)?And why are all my attempts to indicate lack of interest failing?

Alright, you can spare me the obligatory "your a nice girl" answers to the first question, but I want to know about the second two.

Also, since I came to uni, I've been more interested in boys (more acurately, certain types of boys), and it's really confusing. This may sound stupid to everyone else, but I was sort of starting to hope I was asexual, it would have made life so much easier.

Being asexual would be like never being hungry. Personally, I enjoy eating.

But anyway, at least you're getting attention from people, even if you aren't interested back, I'd say that's good news. :)

I have no real help to provide, but hope you get with these "certain types of boys" :)
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Make it clear to them that you are only interested in friendship.

I hope things work out.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Bladen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Happy days update, managed to confess to the girl I like and end up getting the exact same back, she said she should have saw it coming long ago and that she was a fool to hide and deny her feelings and try relationships doomed to end.

So after 3 weeks of getting closer to her and assuring her that I don't hurt people at all and that I don't betray my friends or people I care about she asked me to ask her out as she was far too shy to do it herself and so I did and so she said yes but this is all surreal but great.
I've never seen her so happy before and she has managed to learn a lot more about me then I know about myself. I'm apparently far too patient and brave to have waited so long for her and that we're equally as stupid to have taken so long to have confessed.

Friends have been trying to set us up for months now but we've both been oblivious. She accepts me for everything I am and says with such truth that she sees no flaws and that there really isn't any curse or disease about me at all and that dyspraxia is simply a label.

Though through another strange twist of fate I have the strangest instinct that she also has it as well. Poor girl is accident prone, clumsy, lacks balance and thinks and acts very similar to me. I've been her friend before this for a while now and have been close to her as a friend, she says that this makes it easier for both of us...
She still owns me at games though...

So there do exist happy endings and going with the flow has got me from rock bottom to sky high.
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm happy for you, Bladen. I hope the 2 of you have a long and happy relationship.
Steph
Forum God !

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat