dear diary,

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:05 pm

I'm glad it's stopped hurting you.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby carebear15 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:41 pm

11-16-2005 10:32 am

Dear Diary,

Today my job coach picked me up and we went to her office and she said that we can't go to the special school because first we have to get it okay with my voc. rehab. counselor and I want to do this and i was looking forward to this today. She asked me if i want to do this one program and it is called hab, it is where you volunteer and do things that you like to do and do things for fun. I told my job coach how i felt and I finally spoke up and told her what i thought,I felt that all she cared about is getting a job and she doesn't care about me. she said she does care about me. When she had a meeting with voc. rehab. couselor so i would stop going to boys and girls club and I felt they don't care anout me and they don't want me to have fun in life, and i told her i don't have a social life at home and all i do at home is stay on the computer all day long and I feel better that i told her how i felt. she told me that when ever we had interviews and places need someone more in the evenings but i went to boys and girls club so that got in the way. When i was talking to her and i almost started crying. I get very emotional. She said she does care about me. I have a secret, i do go to boys and girls club once a week and she doesn't know it because i have to keep it a secret, because they would drop me off of the voc. rehab. list and i would lose my job coach and I wouldn't get any help from voc. rehab. so I volunteer one a week but lately i been only going 2 or 3 times a month.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:42 pm

read and tell me what you think.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:14 pm

What is boys and girls club?
Last edited by pinkparrot on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby parnassus » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 pm

Carebear, I think you should stop going to boys' and girls' club if it would get you into trouble with your job coach. Your job coach is there to help you. I am sure she cares about you very much. You mustn't get upset, but make sure she listens to your suggestions.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:40 pm

1:34 pm 11-18-2005

Dear Diary,

I finally found a place to get my ritalin and it i had to coll 4 stores to see who had it and now the 4th one has it so i can go get the medicine when my mom gets home from work and today I went to psychriastrist and I got a prescription for paxil CR and i am suppose to try this medicne and it is suppose to help with anxiety and i think they meant my nervousness so i can feel better and not be nervous all the time and i hope this medicine works and i hope it doesn't make me sweat. I also take wellbutrin. I hope It doesn't hurt me to take this medicine. the appointment went good. My psychriastrist said that she is noticing i am stuttering more and i am less comfortable with her and She asked if I stuttering alot and i said yes and that is true. I think it is because of no social life at home and my communication is not easy and i have a hard time talking.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:04 pm

At least you know the reasons why, carebear.

Next time you go to the psychiatrist ask if you can see a counsellor who will talk to you and help you to feel better that way. A lot of people with AD/HD really need their Ritalin, but it is not good to take too many different kinds of medicine. It might be better if the psychiatrist taught you a way to cope with anxiety without giving you medicine for it, especially if you already take lots of pills already. Ask her if she knows about something called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This is very good and very useful for anxiety.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:04 pm

You're straying off the subject rather.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:25 pm

12:52 pm 11-20-2005

Dear Diary,

I went to church today and it went good. when my pastor was speaking and it was during the time he was speaking and I heard a loud pop sound and it was from the microphone and I jumped and then little later it happen again and I jumped. When I was in sunday school class and we have a book that we do and it was so hard for me and the words are so hard to say and I sounded the words out and one of my teachers said good job for trying and also my teacher said that he didn't knowing that the book had hard words and It does, I feel that we should have books that is lower level or something . I am not sure what I am thinking. The books are adult student books and I think they should get something that I can understand and be able to understand. I been shivering today and my teeth keeps clattering or grinding or it is called my teeth are hitting each other and My tooth started hurting and It is cold outside.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:20 pm

Ouch, that sounds cold!
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 pm

11-21-2005 8:03 am

Dear Diary,

When I went to my mom's work with her so she could get her paycheck. My mom was talking to this 18 year old there and the girl was saying she can't wait to get more hours and I asked her if she is in college , she said no and she said that she is in 12th grade. I asked her if that is what she wanted to do with her whole life is to work at the store. When we went to my mom's foster sister's and her foster dad's house, my mom told them about what I said and that she is not taking me to her work ever again. I must got across to people in the wrong way. I didn't mean to and It is not my fault. This happened last week.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:41 pm

Never mind, carebear. You try your best. Your best is always good enough. Ask your mum to say sorry to the girl in the store for you. Ask her to tell the girl that you didn't mean to hurt or insult her - you're just not always very good at working out the right things to say. Your mum should tell the girl you have disabilities.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:06 pm

3:03 pm 11-23-2005

Dear Diary,

I just hurt myself , I fell out of my chair and my leg hurt, and my arm hurt and my leg was burning and hurting today.
I have bruises from it and the chair fell all the back and hit the floor and with me in it and that hurt very bad. I kept looking at my leg to see if it is swollen but i can't tell.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, carebear. You should take a bath with a special muscle relaxant called Radox. I don't know if you can get that in the USA, but I expect it's available.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:03 pm

3:00 pm 12-4-2005

Dear Diary,

I wish there was a safe place to get away from my sister and her husband, today my sister's husband ran after me and i was so scared that he was going to hit me and my sister say bad things to me and she cussed at me and he told me that he can tell people that i live bloody tampons in the bathroom. They are not tampons they are pads and i never learned how to wear a tampon and I was never taught that stuff so he just a jerk. it was because i said that her husband is in the kitchen and he didn't want to talk to the person because he owned money to the person .
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat