dear diary,

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:38 pm

Does your mum know about how your sister's husn=band treats you. ((virtual hugs)) I hope it gets better soon.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:47 am

he should not be treating you like this! this is not right!
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:07 pm

here is my diary
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:13 pm

Carebear, I really think you should tell your mum about this, if you haven't already.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:52 am

Carebear, you really must tell your mum. Your sister's husband is bullying you. This is very wrong. I suggest that you do not visit their house unless you have your mum with you.

There is a book called Taking Care of Myself by Mary Wrobel that carefully explains how to look after yourself when you have your period. If you don't want to read this, ask your mum to help you.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:24 pm

3:57 pm 12-7-2005

Dear Diary,

Today I went to the special school. I was there for a little bit . I seen this one boy that is 5 years old. The teacher & teacher aide's had to put him in a high chair because he was misbehaving. He started pinching the teacher. The teacher told the boy to stop, and they had to stop him from pinching the teacher, and plus so he doesn't try to get out of the high chair. This week was his first week at this school. They got some cans that are connected with string and put them on his hands to stop him from fighting them. The reason why they didn't put him in the time-out room is because he likes the time-out room. I was working with one of the kids in that class and i was having fun signing to the girl and she signed back to me, and we was signing the alphabet , Then this one lady came in and talked to my job coach. I got to go see the christmas program. They did a good job. They even had santa claus there so it really surprised me. The reason that the lady didn't want me staying in the class today was because they were afraid that it would scare me to the point that i wouldn't come back. The teacher and teacher aide's have to do different techniques with the boy. I enjoyed the christmas program. My job coach is going to talk to my vocational rehabilitation counselor about if I can volunteer again at the special school because i really enjoy being there & my job coach said she really enjoy's being there also. The class is for kids with moderate disabilities. The kids are ages 5-10 years, It also is a k-3 class. I love that age group. They are pretty good kids. I had a pretty good day.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:25 pm

That's great carebear15. I'm happy for you. :D
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:49 am

I'm glad you had a good day, but you really must tell your mum about your problems with your sister's husband if you want things to get better.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby carebear15 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:04 am

7:03 pm 12-8-2005

Dear Diary,

Today i feel off my bed and hit my head on my video game chair, and that hurt. I couldn't stop myself from falling off my bed.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:46 pm

(((Hugs)) I hope your head has stopped hurting now. I accidentally banged my head on a wall earlier. I wish I hadn't done that!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:56 pm

3:48 pm 12-9-2005

Dear Diary,

I tipped my chair and i accidently kicked over my food and it flew across the room, i am tired of having accidents. I also have a bruise from one day i was trying to get my pants on and i got my leg in the wrong pant leg and then i fell sideways,and hit my arm on the wall and now i have a bruise on my arm, today i also hit my head in the bathroom on a towel rack and it stabbed my head.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:06 pm

Carebear, you need to ask your mum to pad sharp corners around the house with squares of cotton stuffed with something soft, like wool. I have these 'safety cushions' on the sharp-edged soap dish that juts out from the wall in my college bathroom and the corners of my coffee table (it has taken enough chunks out of my legs!) They don't stop accidents entirely, but they help.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:06 pm

((virtual hugs)) I hope your bruises heal.
Maybe you should get dressed sitting down. That makes it less easy to hurt yourself.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby carebear15 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:59 pm

7:37 am December 15, 2005

Dear Diary,

Yesterday my sister called me every name she could think of , and also she called me stupid , retarded and other names,and cussed me out.
I went in the bathroom and my sister knocked on the door and said get out of the bathroom. I told my mom about what happened and she said that she would talk to her. The reason my sister treated me like that was because i brought her 6 year old daughter downstairs with me.
I was trying to be nice. I love my niece. So why do i have to deal with my sister treating me like that. At times i want to run and hide so i can feel safe so no body can hurt me ever again. If there was a super secret door,I would open it and there would be a world where i would not get hurt . I would be safe from people that hurt me. There would be a school i could help at and the kids would have disabilities and i can help them. I wish I could be treated like I am someone and not treated like i am no body. My sister told me also if i have a kid that she would feel sorry for the kid. That was not nice what she said and If i had a kid i would give them the best life i could give, and I would love them no matter what they do and i would be there for them in good and bad times and i would comfort them and everything. I say alot of times how i want to adopt a child. I still want to do that but i know i have other things i got to do right now and I am still looking for a job so I hope i can get a job at the special school. It makes me happy when i get to help at the special school. My Job coach told my vocational rehabilitation counselor how it brings out my personality. I sign with one of the kids. I really like doing this. I am more outgoing than i was at other places. I have wanted to work with kids with special needs since i was in high school so I hope my dream comes true. I love the kids at the special school and also i care about them. I talk about the special school alot.
I get to help at the special school 2 more times, My vocational rehabilitation counselor wants to see how it goes and then decide what he wants to do. My job coach had a meeting with him yesterday about me.
Yesterday morning i waited for my job coach from 7 something am to 8 something am and decided to call and find out what happened and why my job coach never showed up and my job coach said did i tell you already that i have to talk to you vocational rehabilitation counselor about if we can continue helping at the special school and she told him everything i been doing there, and she said he was smiling because i am liking it at the special school. First I decided that i wanted to work with kids with special needs and my job coach couldn't find any jobs working with kids with special needs and after i volunteer at a day care, I thought i didn't want to do that. So I asked about maybe getting a job at a retail store, then i decided i didn't want to do that. Then I wanted to work at a restaurant, I could of got the job at subway but i didn't like how my job coach kept pushing me to work later, but subway person that interviewed me said that i could try it and but when he said he would take good care of me and i started thinking about it and I ended up not taking the job, so now i am where i was in the beginning and I am the one that told my job coach about the special school. How i know about that school is because i get special services through them so they would help me and they know me, also they have my files there too, I rode the special school bus for grades 5,5,6,7,8. That was the years that i had to go to school in another neighbor that had the services for all of us. When i went in 9th grade i finally got to go to my home school and It felt better to get on a regular bus like the other kids, and I graduated at my home school may 28,2004 with a certificate of completion.
By the way i was held back in 5th grade because the special education teacher told my mom i was not ready for 6th grade and I was too immature also to go to 6th grade.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:27 pm

I hope your sister starts being nicer to you soon.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat