If You Had A Choice, Would You Be Born Dyspraxic?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:28 pm

That is true. I really would not like to have it, but since I do have it, I think it has made be a better person even though I don't like having it. I think it makes me more considerate when it comes to people who have other problems like depression or something. No, I am not glad to have it, sometimes I think I would be better off without it, but then I think of all the people who have other problems (and there are ones far worse than dyspraxia in my opinion) and I think that I would rather have dyspraxia than what they have. So, I guess even though I voted that I would like to still have it, I am in between.
Oh, how it confuses me so.. :unsure:
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:21 pm

I wouldn't change a thing, I've worked so hard to get to where I am today. It was tough, but the rewards you get for getting there and the feeling you get when you finally achieve something, is what it's all about.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:49 am

I also think that Dyspraxia has made me a very sensitive person. I volunteer at a special needs youth group twice a week, and I've been told that I'm good with the kids. I also have a brother with M.E, so I do know a lot of people who are worse off than me and although I do have some problems, I always feel grateful for what I can do.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby SpursFan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:29 am

Well, I do work voluntarily for MENCAP, so perhaps it has made me more understanding of other people. :)

Matt.
SpursFan
Super Poster

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat