Thank You

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Debbie » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:08 pm

I found this site through a link in the TES on an article about dyspraxia. I am a trainee teacher with a 5yr old son, and have, in all honesty, never heard of this condition. As I was reading through the article, I kept saying "Oh my God, this is Cameron" (my son).
A lot of the symptoms fit him so well - although he is incredibly bright and could read before he started school, he has terrible hand-eye and foot - eye co-ordination; he can barely kick or catch a ball, we have no chance with buttons, cannot do jigsaws, is incessantly "clumsy", finds writing a struggle but yet can read like a demon.
When I came onto your site and found the additional things such as the itching of labels and having pain with hair cuts and brushing it was just more things that fit into the profile of my son. I am going to make an appointment with my health visitor tomorrow with a view to getting him diagnosed but I would just like to say a big thank-you to you for running this site. I found it extremely informative - perhaps moreso than informational sites - so easy to read and very helpful.
I have no doubt that I will be back, keep up the good work, Debbie x
Debbie

Postby jo » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:08 pm

I would like to say thanks forthe sight. I am 24 and have justbeen diognosed with dyspraxia it is a huge relife having made it right the way through school knowing that something wasnt quite right but not being able to get anything done about it. I just hope now that knowing what the poblem is will make all the difference. Ther's still loads of questions that i have to ask but at the moment itis just great to know that there are other dysraxics out there and that maybe some of you will be able to answer some of my questions in the future
jo

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat