Newly Diognosed Dyspraxic

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby fikile » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:09 pm

I am 24 and have just been diognosed with dyspraxia t is a hughe relief to at last have an official diognosis but i know that this is not the end of the road. What i want to know is what is it in everyday life that improves life as a dyspraxic what are the thg that i can do for yself that will really make a difference?
fikile

Postby Dyspraxic Fantastic » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:10 pm

Hi Fikile,

Have you heard of the dyspraxia foundation's website? It's address is <a href='http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk' target='_blank'>Dyspraxia Foundation</a> and it's got loads of information about many aspects of dyspraxia including coping with daily life. As a dyspraxic myself, the thing that has helped me most is keeping a good sense of humour and being able to laugh at my mistakes,

Best wishes,
x Charlotte x
Dyspraxic Fantastic

Re: Newly Diognosed Dyspraxic

Postby Trin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I think that you will find this forum helpful to you, as different people have posted different issues that they have with their dyspraxia. I am sure it is a relief to have a diagnosis finally, although I am sure you have been battling this for a while. Hope you can find some answers here.
Dyspraxic Teen now looking for physician jobs. Yes my daughter did it Congratulations Katie.
Trin

Postby Creative » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful.
There is no one thing that will make a difference to your life. You have to find out what works for you. Having a routine is something that helps me and being able to ask for help when I need it.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:34 pm

welcome.

What will improve your life depends on what you struggle with, and what problems your dyspraxia gives you. I think Trin's right in saying that this forum is helpful because it has a wide range of people who have different problems and different coping techniques.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi welcome to the forum im James im 17 from stafford i was diagnosed with dyspraxia when i was 6 there are a variety of things that can help but i think it really depends on what you struggle with but the dyspraxia foundation website has a variety of ways to improve your life.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby wm1995 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Welcome to the Forum. I am William, aged 15 and interested in Computers, music and reading. I hope you enjoy the forum.

EDIT - Is there something wrong with the timestamp, or is this thread about six years old?
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby bpcooper » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Someone bumped a post from 6 years ago (No idea why as this has no relevance to anything xD)
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Wow wi never noticed so we have all been saying hello to someone who isnt here anymore :mrgreen:
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:23 pm

A spammer bumped it.

A spammer who is abuot to be bumped off the forum. :evil:
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat