Gadgets

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:12 pm

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like it's the tablet PC I need which means I will be spending the weekend searching through PC world, Dixons, & everywhere.
CJ
:)
CJ

Postby Sean » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:12 pm

My friend has got one and its very nearly as good as our family PC. Its a HP 400mHz with all the usual PC software plus a bit extra. The handwriting recognition works for nearly every one in my class even though it is only supposed to recognise one style of writing, you can get some strange interpretations sometimes.

Sean
Sean

Postby Kalendral » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:13 pm

Do you know where he got it from & how much it cost? :)
Kalendral

Postby Sean » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:14 pm

I think he got it mail order and it cost around £350, quite expensive but from what I've see it is worth every penny.
Sean
Sean

Postby H8tred » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:15 pm

If you want parts to build your own try <a href='http://www.ukparts.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.ukparts.com/</a> or for a new one <a href='http://www.pcworld.co.uk/' target='_blank'>http://www.pcworld.co.uk/</a>
Dan
H8tred

Postby kalendral » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:15 pm

I found a gadget. It's taken months of trawling through a variety of shops & talking to some very stupid sales people - the person at PC world told me he had no idea what I was talking about & I should try a computer shop!!!! But I've finally found what I was looking for at Staples - the business supply warehouse does office furniture & stuff (& a better range of computers than PC world). For anyone out there looking for something like tis it's called an hp ipaq 2200. It has 2 different types of handwriting recognition software - which really do work no matter how bad your handwriting gets - & it also has an option of using a touch screen keyboard if the handwriting recognition really won't accept what your writing. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. CJ
kalendral

Postby ruby » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:15 pm

i've got IPAQ 1930 PDA And it is EXCELENT!
the handwriting reconigtion is outstanding! And its REALLY easy to use! Even my lil Bro can use it!
I got it from PC World for £165 (orig. price was £218 -Iam VERY good @ price matching!)
Its Fab on car journys 2! i have already downloaded LOADS of games for it such as:scrable, monoploly ,breakout, paint, Flip it!,
3D car racing,3D air hockey,chess and checkers AND WAY MORE!!!!
ruby

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:16 pm

Where do you download the games from? Mines only got solitaire & jawbreaker on at the moment & I'm completely addicted - even though jawbreaker is the most pointless game ever. I'm also going to be trying to download music onto it - apparently you can either connect using bluetooth somehow or just download music as a file to listen to late. Any advice on the best way to do this gratefully recieved. :lol:
CJ

Postby k9ruby » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:46 pm

go onto download.com
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby anja jones » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Im 17, and in my 2nd to last year of school and as part of my AS-Level coursework im designing and making a prototype game/device for dyspraxic children to help improve their writing. I need some help with the first hand research and would really appreciate anyone's help. All I need is some samples of dyspraxic childrens handwriting, just a few lines about anything you wish. Along with the childs age, sex and what hand they use to write with.
Please send samples to:
Anja Jones care of Dr Cheryl Jones
Lakewood School
169 Rathgael Road
Bangor
BT19 1TA
Northern Ireland
anja jones

Postby steve11 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:28 pm

my best gajet is my plastation2 :ph34r: :lol: :D :P
steve11

Postby steve11 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:28 pm