What's your favourite Dyspraxia Forum....

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Which website do you visit more?

Matts Hideout www.matts-hideout.co.uk
9%
Dyspraxic Teens www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk
91%

Total votes : 68

What's your favourite Dyspraxia Forum....

Postby Darren » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:19 pm

After all the changes we've made this week, I just wanted to ask which website people really prefer to use?

For our original friends who met us at Matts Hideout, they'll know that as Matt has grown up, so has his website. For the DT members, we've created this site aimed specifically at teenages to have fun.

So which site do you prefer???
Darren
Site administrator
http://www.darlen.co.uk
Darren
Super Poster

dyspraxic teens

Postby k9ruby » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:38 pm

I'm afraid, dyspraxic teens is my preference, but MH has got dead, and i don't like the new graphics, their too big and not really aproppiate. if you want i woulod be happy to make some gfx like grads/markers as such.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby pinkparrot » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:18 pm

I didn't know Matt's Hideout before and it generally takes me a while to warm up to new things, so I voted DT.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby parnassus » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:35 pm

I couldn't vote. Matt's Hideout means a lot to me because it is connected with my diagnosis, and all the confused emotions that surged up around me at that my point in my life. It was a place where I found a lot of support and understanding when my fellow boarding school students (and our teachers!) didn't have any idea about why I was the way I was or how to treat me. If it hadn't been for the Hideout, my attitude towards my dyspraxia wouldn't be nearly so positive. I would also never have written Caged in Chaos, as I made contact with just over half of the contributors through that site alone.

But DT has given me some of my closest friends. I knew Esther slightly before she joined the forum, through the organisation NAGTY, but if it weren't for DT we wouldn't be as good friends as we are now - and we certainly wouldn't have spent Easter week dragging a cross about the Norfolk countryside together! If it weren't for DT I wouldn't have acquired such a marvellous Kiwi penfriend and confidante (Candy). If it weren't for DT I would have been quite lonely when I first came to Cambridge.

On a more profound level, if it weren't for DT Miranda would be dead. I knew her before she joined the forum, again through NAGTY, but without this board we would never have developed such a rapport. I would never have been there to answer my phone in the middle of the night when she was terrified and wanting to hurt herself. I would never have been able to encourage her over her mobile as she dialled that ambulance on her land-line. Miranda talks about DT even now. She says it saved her life. So that makes the website pretty special in my eyes.

But I can't choose between the two. It would be like trying to answer the question, "Which leg has been more useful over the course of your life - right or left?"
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Danni » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Since I can't access Matt's Hideout from my computer (the menu is completely inaccessable and I can't find any links on the site) I'd have to say Dyspraxic Teens. That said, I did find Matt's Hideout first, back when I was first told I was dyspraxic.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carebear15 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:54 pm

I will say dyspraxic teens, it has helped me alot. The people are nice. I have a place to talk and not get treated wrong.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:46 pm

I voted for DT as for some reason I keep coming back despite no longer being a teen (Im 23)

and I agree with what Vicky said, that if it wasnt for DT Miranda probably wouldn't be with us now, (rest of paragraph edited as I went on a rant)
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty_cute » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:30 pm

I voted DT - I use Matt's Hideout to read the infomation etc... - I will check out the forum though!
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby invisifish » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:48 pm

i voted DT also because i couldent find my way round mats hideout and i didint understand how it worked so it dident help me.
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby Philip » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:20 am

Matts Hideout was the first dyspraxic forum I came across.
Philip
Splendiferous Member

Postby rachel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:11 pm

dyspraxic teend more peo;pke caome on here
rachel
Splendiferous Member

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 pm

I only use Dyspraxic teens. Although at the moment, I'm having Difficulties posting - there's something wrong with our computer and it keeps turning off, and not turning on for a while after that.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:32 pm

I found MHO first, but now I mainly use DT because more people my age seem to be on here. I haven't visited MHO in a while though. There's just so many sites I can keep up with. MHO is a great site though! Keep it up too! I found it useful at times. :D
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:25 pm

I love both of them, although this forum is frequented more these days. I really don't know where I'd be without either of them, though. :)

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby intowiz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 pm

i still like dt. ive only just found the matt's hidout forum today, which was good because i was annoyed at dt being closed again.
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat