Bladder control-I know it's a bit personal but just curious

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby carebear15 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:48 pm

all man i accidently wet my pants and that not good for me. I never can win.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Yeah I dribble a lot-it gets quite embarrassing in public but people don't seem to realise that I genuinely can't help it! I also have trouble chewing neatly and some foods, such as beef, I can't chew at all!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Spoon girl » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:02 pm

I have described my bladder to other people as being like a kinder egg toy case....small but air tight. Essentially I need to go to the toilet a lot and it gets very painful if I try and hold it in but I don't have any problem with continence.
The capacity of the body is limited
Yours, mine, everybody's
But the capacity of the soul is unlimited
Your's, mine, everybody's
Spoon girl
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 pm

I can't always tell when I need the toilet until I really, really need it. The last time this lead to an embarrassing incident was over 2 years ago, though.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby invisifish » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 pm

I can hold my blader for a long time. I do have difficulty chewing food sometimes and it is realy very upseting when you axidently spit food at someone :oops: .
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby carebear15 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:22 pm

I lost control of my bladder and i ended up having to take a bath and wash off the pee off me.

I do not know why it did that.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Bladder control-I know it's a bit personal but just curious

Postby Boing » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Jacus, considering that your first post is to open up an old thread that hasn't been posted in for 3 1/2 years, and then to effectively post an advert, I get the impression your primary purpose for being here is in no way related to dyspraxia. I'm new here but I'm going to guess that this kind of thing isn't taken very well.

To the original poster, I don't think (as others have already mentioned) that holding your bladder and similar physical processes are affected by dyspraxia, not directly at least. However as you're posting about it on here, I'll assume you're okay with dealing it which is good. If it's something you really do have no control over, for whatever reason, then you shouldn't feel bad about it.
Boing

Postby monkey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 pm

I have had some trouble with this. until I was 10 I would wet my self. at night time for a while longer. I have some trouble still but moslty I am rather good at this. sawlowing was very dificult to learn growing up big chewy thigns were fine I woudl swalow them hole. btu soft thigns liek yogart or mash patato or porige where very hard. dad used to count me to 5 to swalow and if i did nto manage to swallow he woudl hit my hand with the wooden spoon. until i leanred meal times was a lot of cryign by me becuase we had mashed patato with every meal. It also took years fro mum to teach me how to blow my nose. she woudl say "blow air out your nose" i would blow air out my mouth. I was not little any mreo befor I worked otu how to blow air out my nose. does any one here have a problem with vomiting. my family can all control there vomiting to do it in a toilet when they are sick. when I was a baby mum said i had weak tummy muscles and everythign mum woudl feed me would come up again. she says thats why when I am sick it just all coems out with out any control. I am not sure how they are holding it in enough to get to a toilet. I try I run but all that hapens is i vomit all the way to the toilet. now when I am sick I just stay in the bath room. mum says i was vomiting most weeks the first 5 years i was alive. that and always diareahign. she says that ther was not a week she did nto have me at the doctors tryign to fix my tummy bugs and becuase i did nto have any control vomit jsut went everyweher.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm

I can never make it to the toilet when I am sick either but, luckily, I rarely vomit-the last time was 10 and a half years ago.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Super Nekou » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 am

Boing wrote:Jacus, considering that your first post is to open up an old thread that hasn't been posted in for 3 1/2 years, and then to effectively post an advert, I get the impression your primary purpose for being here is in no way related to dyspraxia. I'm new here but I'm going to guess that this kind of thing isn't taken very well.

To the original poster, I don't think (as others have already mentioned) that holding your bladder and similar physical processes are affected by dyspraxia, not directly at least. However as you're posting about it on here, I'll assume you're okay with dealing it which is good. If it's something you really do have no control over, for whatever reason, then you shouldn't feel bad about it.

You are indeed correct, it's a spambot. Needs to be reported.

I have no issues with this subject, but Monkey, I also have a problem when being sick. I only recently discovered how to tell if I was going to be sick. Every other time it just...happened. I have never once made it to the toilet to be sick, the bucket is my friend. I also forget to breathe when being sick..not a good thing.
And I also cant blow my nose. Drives my boyfriend insane.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Postby monkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 am

Dyspraxic vomiters :) :) :)
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm

The longest I've held it is ten hours. Gosh, I'll never do that again :lol: Now my mum's bladder...That's a different story! :lol:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby xFCJ1995 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

I have bladder issues too - like Steph I find that when I need to go I REALLY need to go!

I don't know whether it's linked to dyspraxia, my dad thinks it is down to the fact I do not drink anywhere near the amount I should, but I don't know...
xFCJ1995
Advanced Member

Postby wm1995 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:26 pm

xFCJ1995 wrote:I have bladder issues too - like Steph I find that when I need to go I REALLY need to go!

I don't know whether it's linked to dyspraxia, my dad thinks it is down to the fact I do not drink anywhere near the amount I should, but I don't know...

I don't think I agree with your father, because I have similar issues and I drink 3-4L a day, which is probably much more than I should be drinking.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Spoon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:56 pm

bladder problems are often present in neurological conditions. Dyspraxia's neurological so I wonder if it's that?

I've always had to go quick suddenly and quickly but illness has led to a lot more problems with this in the last few months. Bodies are odd.
Spoon
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat