Famous people with dyspraxia

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby parnassus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 am

Henri wrote:
parnassus wrote:
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (the famous poet) and G.K. Chesterton (bestselling author and theologian) also had dyspraxia. Modern-day dyspraxic celebrities include the photographer Richard Bailey and somebody else whose name the Dyspraxia Foundation refused to hand out over the phone.

Do you mean David Bailey? I've never heard of a Richard, but it's possible that there are two famous photographers with the surname Bailey.

Jack Kerouac was also rumoured to be Dyspraxic, and Winston Churchill reportedly showed signs of neurodiversity.

Here is an article on David Bailey : http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 146568.ece[url][/url]

I do mean David Bailey. Richard Bailey is a dyspraxic guy whom I know through the local autism support group. :roll:
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Re: yes but with Dyslexia

Postby Steph » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:36 pm

DJ Arsenal wrote:Jamie Oliver, Marco Pierre-White, Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Tom Cruise :shock: :?:

I knew about Marco Pierre White but I thought Jamie Oliver, Orlando Bloom and Tom Cruise were dyslexic rather than dyspraxic although admittedly misdiagnosis can be common and there can be lots of similarities between the two conditions. I did read an interview with Orlando Bloom once though where he admitted that he was really accident prone and has broken almost every bone in his body so it's possible although dyspraxia is more than coordination.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: Famous people with dyspraxia

Postby mattlovesjess » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm

the actor who plays Harry Potter is dyspraxic i heard lol
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Postby hana-banana2 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Daniel Radcliffe aka the harry potter actor is supposed to be dyspraxic.

Patrick Dempsey, the guy who plays mcdreamy in the Greys Anatomy, is dyslexic (not strictly dyspraxic but related).

Richard Branson, the billionare who owns virgin is dyspraxic i read.
If you were waiting for the opportune moment - that was it...
Captain Jack Sparrow
hana-banana2
Advanced Member

Postby drama-queen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 am

daniel radcliffe... and apparently will smith
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 pm

I didn't know about Will Smith and I can't find any articles on it. When did you hear about it?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby drama-queen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 am

I think on an interview a few years back... it might of been dyslexia or dysgraphia though
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Postby the monk in question » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:01 am

I think Bob Dylan might have it as well- look at his handwriting
he not busy being born is busy dying
the monk in question
Super Poster

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm convinced Jo March from Little Women is dyspraxic, not sure why. What'd you all think?
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby crazyvonnie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:29 pm

i heard that danial radcliffe from harry potter was dyspraxic. i saw in the dialy telegraph so i thought it properly is true. i didn't know the rest was dyspraxic very interesting indeed.
crazyvonnie

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

I was watching Prince of Egypt last night and a thought, well, more like a memory struck me. When I was little, I used to think "Moses is kinda like me!" because of the odd way he was running, as well as bumping into an old man, just before All I Ever Wanted but now I think that's due to the animation. So, last night, I started looking out for signs. For example, when he killed that guard. He sort of slipped in a similar fashion I fall and when he was running away to the desert, he stumbled. Also, when he and Rameses were late for the party, Moses pushed the servant away a bit too hard. There was another moment when he was in the desert, he caught his foot on a rock (but that could have happened to anyone so it's not really a dyspraxic moment.) So, I'm thinking does Dreamwork's version of Moses have a dyspraxia? Why don't you all check it out for yourselves?
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kerrianne92 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Im not sure how many people have seen the tin tin cartoons but thompson and thompson are really clumsy!
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby Cynamon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:36 pm

What about Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series?

He's really clumsy and things, more than normal, I mean, at least that's how it seems to me when I read the books. It doesn't come out so much in the movies.
Cynamon

Postby xLittleHannahx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

I recently found out, well my mum did!, that Daniel Radcliffe aka "Harry Potter" is dyspraxic.
"Wishing on a star......"
xLittleHannahx
Super Poster

Postby Miwa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Cynamon wrote:What about Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series?

He's really clumsy and things, more than normal, I mean, at least that's how it seems to me when I read the books. It doesn't come out so much in the movies.

My best friend thought the same thing. I agree ^^.
Miwa
Super Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat