Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:50 pm

my handwritng had been bad for years, but now it is quite neat. it took a LOT of practice! :lol: :P

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:49 pm

I have a laptop because it is so hard to write. 8)

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:37 pm

It's awkward... with exams with me i've basically been told i can't get a scribe by my main lsa becasue "i'm just like everyone else" and the only exam it would be possible to use my laptop is english.

I won't even get to do my exams on my own which is STUPID!!!

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 pm

I was watching a programme about handwriting on teachers TV today. They were teaching children as young as 6 joined up writing. It seemed to work well and the methods they were using seemed to benefit people with learning difficulties.

Re: Writing - It's a bloody pain!!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

I also have really bad problem with my writing. And I randmoly sometimes just fall over when I'm standing still. I used to get alot of bullying about this.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 pm

*hugs* Do you have a laptop or alphasmart? That might help.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:13 am

I have a laptop, but I'm not allowed to use it in school - unlike my brother, who is, because he has dysgraphia

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am

If writing is causing yiou serious pain, you should be llowed to use it. Ask your parents to talk to your SENCo

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:33 am

Whats a SENCo?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 am

Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.

If you live outside the UK, they might call it something different, though.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:43 am

There's nothing like that anywhere is Australia

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm lucky that I don't have to write for my exams next year and I couldn't imagine the pain I would be in after the 3 and half hour English paper.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:24 am

I get pains in my hand and forearm when I write, I think you said you keep writing even throu the pain?

after a couple mins. when my hand starts to hurt, I take a pause for a 5 or 6 seconds, to relax my muscles,

it works sometimes for me, but after the pause my hand starts hurting sooner so I dont know if its the smartest, but maybe you could try that, sence you write fast anyway a brake in the middle might not hurt your time for the test,

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Luckily I don't get pain when I write. I don't think I would have needed a laptop when I was at school.
My problem was that when I was unhappy then my handwriting would get really bad. Even if I made an effort with my writing then my unhappy confused feelings would still show on the page.
Since I left school my handwriting has got worse. That's because I usually use the computer and very rarely write by hand.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 pm

In my year 10 exams, I had a 2 hours english exam followed by a 1 hour 45 minute history exam - my hand hurt so badly that I could hardly write the next day. When I'm under pressure my writing just goes completely unintelligble so dictations are awful.
Post a reply