PE- Come on, own up!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Have you ever tried to get out of PE..

Yes
69%
No
22%
Once
9%

Total votes : 54

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 pm

I think you should get her SENCo to talk to her.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Re: PE- Come on, own up!

Postby nuttynix » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 am

i seriously injured my leg (during p.e! >.<) so my mum had to right me a note then after it healed several weeks of me just rubbing out the date a teacher noticed so i started writing a note and signing it in my step-dads signature (which i had never ever seen) it worked for like ever!! haha
...☆Nixie.☆.Naive☆...
nuttynix
Advanced Member

Postby Hovis » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Funny thing is I always seemed to have Dr or Hospital appointments on PE days. Strange that :wink:
Hovis
Super Poster

Postby babooshka2002 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:58 am

Oh gosh, YES.

Many times I "left my kit at home". This means I had actually left it at home (which did happen) or had dumped it in a random cloakroom somewhere and pretended I didn't have it. Sadly, the PE department kept a bucket of spare clothes, blaaargh. Sometimes I was made to do it anyway in those spare clothes and my school shoes.

A lot of the time I actually did do PE, even though I hated it, hated it, hated it. Getting changed for PE took ages and people thought I was doing it on purpose, which I wasn't. Getting changed after PE took ages too, cutting into my lunch, break or next lesson, or the year we had PE last thing, causing me to miss the bus home extremely regularly.

I wish I had been able to get out of it more, or that I'd simply had the guts to sit down and say "nope" when they made me do the hurdles (a pointless thing, I could never have jumped them in a million years).
babooshka2002
Super Poster

Postby evilmuffet » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 am

I'm the worst in the class for P.E I can't catch, throw and run to save my life. :( I've always had my parents to write me a note to excuse me, normally it was do with my asthma. It's funny though that both my teachers are really strict on doing physical eductian but they always have relieved faces when I don't do it. :lol: Maybe from all my tripping, making my team lose and nearly breaking someone's nose with a tennis rack. :oops: Yeah so I hardly ever do p.e unless it's a fun lesson.
I love you piggy!
evilmuffet
Advanced Member

Postby Miwa » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am

I often pretended to work when the teacher looked at me and do nothing the rest of the time. XD
Forgot my PE kit a lot too. But once, my teacher decided I will do PE even without my kit. She forced me to run with my Mary Jane shoes. My feet hurted and she gave me a grade, awful of course. ' I hated her for that.

I also often pretended to be sick xD
Miwa
Super Poster

Postby kitty123 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 pm

i dont thinks ive done pe for a long time if my cornet lesson isnt on pe then my badly bruised bones to the foot is bad and i cant do pe (yes 3 bones badly bruised i think i did it a mounth ago but they dont seem to notice ;) )
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:28 pm

My P.E lessons were ok (well the one i went to anyway) my first SENCO (who was also one of the P.E teachers knew of my dyspraxia and let me pick which sports i took part in so just Fitness, Badminton and Tennis. (I wouldn't play football because every time the ball moved in my direction i would move as far away from it as i can.) Then at the start of year 10 my SENCO had a heart attack on the way home and he died after that i wouldn't take in P.E again until half way through year 11 and then i only did fitness
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat