I sort of know what you mean charlotte. A few specialist said they thought I have as, but we disagreed. Some just said "some sort of asd". Some said dyspraxia (most). 1 said I also have SID and a tremor. I have checked some of the boxes that people with both dyspraxia and an asd would:
- for instance, when I was younger I had quite a few "things", such as not sitting on any chair with cushions.
- I loved mobiles- anything I got my hands on until I was about 7, I made into one. I loved watching them swing.
- I hated "small" changes...but ok with big ones. For instance, when I moved house and school, I settled in alright, but remember feeling so upset when we got a new tv (I was about 5/6 at the time) or the house was slightly rarranged
- I was fascinated by lights, especially burgular alarms, (I still love looking at lights now- especially fairy lights or lava lamps!)
- I was also fascinated by electrictricity/insects
- When I was younger, I had a quite a hard time recongnising when someones bored, and amittidly still do occasionally now, although nowhere near that extent it was.
- I like my own company
- I- like charlotte hate big parties- I know exactly where your coming from when you say you dont have a clue what to do! So its not just me then... Next year I have my 18th and I honestly cannot see any appeal.
- I still inccorectly answered TOM question when I was nearly 11 (something that according to the report is developed normally at around 4)
- I love deep pressure!! I sleep with 4 blankets + cushions on top of me- and got a beanbag for my birthday- heavingly whether your on top or under it!!
- I like routine, and cant tolerate for some to be changed.
- very occasionally, my friends have commented before my face has done the wrong thing without me knowing..
- When I feel uncertain about whats going to happen for too long I start to feel my brain going mad and feel sick. This especially happened when my dads mum died (she had bowel cancer and I didn't know where I was going to stay, when my dad was back etc) .
- When i was little I had lots of noises I couldnt tolerate. Now I'm ok, unless its a severe case of thunder and its in the night/im on my own.
- I dont like it when people i dont know hug me
- I have very sensitive skin, hearing, smell and taste.
- I tend to drift in to another world when I read for long enough, and will often lift up my head to find out my friend has repeated herself 3 times
- I have a photographic visual memory.
- When I was in primary school, I enjoyed being on my own in the playground.
- I can get overloaded by something as simple as someone trying to brush my hair at the same time I'm putting my shoes on...its either one thing or the other- not both!!!
Since I was little I was very sociable, and I make good eye contact if I am talking to someone, unless I dont know them and its a very busy situation and they are staring at me, then it feels as though my eyes are burning
. I also smiled at 3 weeks and was laughing at 6. I have also been told I have a good sense of humor and get sarcasm most of the time.