Relationships and Dyspraxia

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Relationships and Dyspraxia

Postby Alice » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Dan wrote:I have no real help to provide, but hope you get with these "certain types of boys" :)

I'm not that worried about that right now. I'm only just becoming interested in the oposite gender (I'm 6 years behind schedule, but I got there) and allot of stuff is new. I'm sure eventually I'll want to go down the dating and relationships route, but at the moment I'm just wanting to make friends with everyone and figure out exactly what decided that the first year of uni was the perfect time to introduce additional complications to my life.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I often think about having a boyfriend at this time of year. I have always wanted to spend new years eve with a special boyfriend.
I know that there are lots of other important things in life but I would like to meet somebody special this year. I don't meet many young people in my voluntary work so it is unlikely that it will happen. I guess you never know!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:32 pm

*hugs* Life is full of surprises. I hope you meet someone nice as and when you are ready.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

I didn't want to start a new topic, I hope this thread isn't too old.

It's to do with relationships and it isn't.

If you think about someone more than you should, look forward to spending time with them disproportionately to how well you know them, feel a bit happier when you talk to them, and care a little about what they think about things you normaly wouldn't think about in terms of impressions, does that constitute a crush?

Because my Mum says it is, but I don't know if I just really like this person in this normal sense. I've never had a crush so it's kind of confusing. :?

:oops: I should not have to ask this at 19, I know.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Spoon » Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 pm

I'd say it's only a crush if you want to be physically and/or emotionally closer to them than you already are. I have many close friends who I feel better after seeing, enjoy the company of and care more about their impression but I have no desire to be in a relationship and so I don't call it a crush. The word 'crush' doesn't take in to consideration the close relationships adults can have as friends really.
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 am

It sounds like either a crush or a squish.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Spoon wrote:I'd say it's only a crush if you want to be physically and/or emotionally closer to them than you already are. I have many close friends who I feel better after seeing, enjoy the company of and care more about their impression but I have no desire to be in a relationship and so I don't call it a crush. The word 'crush' doesn't take in to consideration the close relationships adults can have as friends really.

hmm, mabye not then. I don't want to be physically close to anyone, my personal space is larger than the one generaly observed in most situations. As for emotional closeness, I tend to decide that I want to be friends with a person before I actually form that level of attatchment, so I don't think that would be an overall indicator for me.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Man, 2010 has NOT been good to me thus far. I thought the year would be the beginning of a great, long prosperous future for me, I thought that the year and years to come would be for me and my then girlfriend, we were doing great, more than great even then she got ill, she wouldn't let me see her while being ill so I tried my best to see her when she let me. I used to see her every day and she was happy to be with me, then it was every 2-3 days and as her sickness kept going on whenever I did get to see her she asked me to leave earlier so she could rest. I barely got to see her at all and then her uni assignments came along and put a lot of pressure and stress on her and I could just tell she couldn't cope. She was the reluctant, independant type with a lot of pride. She wouldn't admit she was stressed or let me try to help and she began to take it out on me by picking at my faults, arguing, blaming me, taking things the wrong way and I still hardly got to see her, the days turned to weeks and eventually she finished me.

Horrible day, I'll be honest my heart was shattered into a million pieces because I loved her with all my heart and soul and she wouldn't give me a 2nd chance, the more I tried to persuade her, tell her my side of the story the more she blamed me, the more she drifted, hated me and eventually it came to her blocking me off everything, MSN, Skype, Facebook, Youtube. She was my first girlfriend and if circumstances were different I believe we would have lasted a much longer time because despite what she says, she was happy, I was happy but fate is cruel. After 2 months almost I'm still hanging on the balance seeing if there's anyone else for me, I can't talk to Jen at all anymore, I can't even be her friend again. She probably wont see things my way ever because she's that stubborn. After she finished me she left the band and he had to shift one of the guitarists who is an absolute BEAST on guitar to vocal duties instead as that's what he wanted to do.

The song that fate sings is a strange one, is there any justice, reason, morals and resolve by what happens?

I do hope this is the end, the end of the bad, blue, cruel and wicked days of 2010, I do hope things will go right for me and that I will stop being tortured time and time again like an expendable pawn in chess by the wretched, wicked, maniacal hands of destiny and fate. I've done nothing wrong and I get the bad side of things every time. I wish things would have been different, that we could have lasted but it seems we just didn't match up to eachother afterall.
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed May 19, 2010 8:50 pm

*hugs* I'm so sorry. I hope you find someone.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Bladen » Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

I haven't given up hope I'll find love for real some day, if my love for Jen was real I hope I find the one out there who will be worth me loving.
Its awkward because today I had a run in with her when i was on the computer at college, I had my headphones on and pretended not to see her as she did me and one of my friends was shouting "Andrew, Andrew, Look!!" as if to try and start something. Good thing I had my headphones on.
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Sun May 23, 2010 7:42 pm

This thread is interesting.

My first relationship was last year and lasted the grand amount of 48 hours. I just panicked and felt I couldn't deal with it. Don't know why, the guy in question was lovely and also was mildly autistic, we are still good friends and has been extremely understanding about it.

However, since last week I have been with my first "proper" boyfriend for exactly a week. He is LOVELY. He understands he cannot use light touch with me on certain parts of my body, and that I don't like lying on my back. He has been amazingly understanding about all my sensory and dyspraxia stuff. He is not NT- since he was little he has shown signs of being on the ASD spectrum (he doesn't like change, he likes being warned when things are happening, he is slightly tactile sensitive etc) but never been formally diagnosed. He has also decided by himself he will go "nut free" because he likes me that much :) Which is really sweet.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm

As well as the stuff I mentioned. This particular person makes me feel a bit like I drank too much coffee sometimes, and I actually like it when he says things like that I'm cute rather than finding it annoying and patronising. However, the whole thing feels very unfamiliar and I'm not sure it fits the descriptions I've been given of a crush.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dizzy D » Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Well I'm in secendery school now and were all supost to be "mature" about things like this. But one of my friends is going out with a boy in our class, don't get me wrong I'm happy for them and they seem happy, for people our age (11-12) it's been quite a long relasionship (about 2 month). However, I have never been out with a boy and actuly don't see the point, I'm only 12 I'm in year 7. I should enjoying the last part of childnessness* in me! not fantisising over who likes who and wether he likes me! (* even though lodes of people dout I will ever grow up apparntly I'm quite emotinaly immiture and still give hugs to my mum + dad in public :oops: )
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Sun May 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I think you have exactly the right attitude, DizzyD. 12 is far too young to be having relationships in my opinion-after all, technically 12 is still a child, despite what most 12 year olds would argue to the contrary! There is plenty of time to be an adult and it saddens me that kids rush into it.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Dizzy D » Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm

saddens me that kids rush into it.
I know I hate seeing things like that in my class. Espesily when they get upset because they'v broken up! I just want to be a kid. Personaly I think my sisters age is the minimum age of starting things like that (15) and she had a boyfreind now
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat