What Is Your Best Test Studying Strategy?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:25 am

This is shanna and I just got a D on my bio test. I am very disappointed as that is my major currently. :( Just wondering if anyone had any tips on studying for tests so I can do better on the next one. I have some suggestions, but I just would like to hear what you guys/girls have to say. ;)

Thanks!! Luv, the #1 Nomar Garciaparra and Mark Prior Fan!! Go Cubs!!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:56 pm

www.bbc.co.uk

type in 'bitesize'

!!!!!! :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:50 pm

What?? I don't understand. :huh:
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:55 pm

There is a revision help on the BBC website called Bitesize, but that is for British education. There are revision techniques, but it depends what style of learner you are. If you are are visual learner asssociate words with objects, like iron with an iron bar or calcium as a glass of milk etc.
Also make sure you eat before a test and take a bottle of water into the exam hall, as it helps you concentrate. Take fish oil as well on a daily basis and do revison in manageable pieces, say 30mins take a 15 mins break and study for another half an hour. I say things again and again and write things repeatedly until it goes in. I try and think of a rymme to help me remember.
If the paper is multiple choice you can always eliminate two answers easily. I know I did Science papers that were mulitple choice.
If it isn't mulitple choice answer the questions with the most marks first and if you get stuck on a question leave it move on and get back to it at the end if you have time. Also always trust your instinct it is usually right.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:13 am

Thanks guys. :D
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby SpursFan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:18 am

Thanks guys.

It's for GCSEs, though, which are compulsory exams that every 16 year old must take in Britain. I don't think there is an American equivalent because I think I'm right in saying that Americans take their first official exam at 18.

Matt.
SpursFan
Super Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:53 pm

You are correct for one of our tests. It can be seventeen depending on where you are in the US. If you are taking the ACT, you take it when you are a junior in high school (most people are 17 when they take that, although some are 16) and you can take the SAT when you are 18 or 17. It depends on which exam you take which college will accept you sometimes. The northeast ones like the SAT, and so do, I believe, the Western ones, but the Midwest colleges like the ACT or the SAT. I just took the ACT. I don't remember what ACT stands for, but SAT is for Standard Achievement Test. SATs seem harder to me, but I have not taken them. :D
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:02 pm

We have SATs in England too but it's for different age groups. We have one at the end of Key Stage 1 (ages 6-7), another at the end of Key Stage 2 (ages 10-11) and the last one at the end of key stage 3 (ages 13-14)
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:57 pm

Yeah! and i've got mine nxt week!!

ARGHHHHHH! :lol:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby MIKE9899 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:11 pm

i've got mine nxt week!!

me too :( :(
Life is a lot harder without support from friends and loved ones. never forget that
MIKE9899
Forum Master

Postby Helen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:37 pm

All the best to all those taking Sats and GCSEs soon. :)

It's for GCSEs, though, which are compulsory exams that every 16 year old must take in Britain. I don't think there is an American equivalent because I think I'm right in saying that Americans take their first official exam at 18.

Just to say GCSEs are not compulsory and nor is school. Matt (site owner) is home educated. For those who do not know, he was bullied mercilessly by pupils and sometimes staff. The teachers could not, or should I say, would not support his needs. He has been educated at home for 4 years now. School is not compulsory, education is and he has been having one of them! ;) Many home educated children do not take GCSEs, mostly because the system makes it so difficult for outside candidates to have course workmarked and sit exams. Matt studies with the Open University as an under 18 student and is about to begin his 3rd course with them. He won't be doing GCSEs.

Helen :)
This we know the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby SpursFan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Many home educated children do not take GCSEs

Yeah, I forgot about that. It is not compulsory, of course. My mistake -sorry. :blink:

Matt.
SpursFan
Super Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat