Parents Evening

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby mumof3 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:20 pm

This is to encorage everyone. We went to Rachels parents evening on Monday andit went well. Rachel now has a lot of teachers who understand about dyspraxia and the problems she has. They all want to help and gave positive remarks. This has taken us a long time to get to this stage and we now have regular meetins with the SENCO. So well done Rachel for all your hard work and effort. Thanks Matt for the dyspraxic leaflet all Rachels teachers have one now and it has helped a llot.
mumof3
Advanced Member

Postby madame_tigre » Sun May 01, 2005 8:42 am

I'm pleased to hear that more teachers are beginning to understand the problems that dyspraxic people have :)
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:29 pm

When I went to school and was little the teachers were not helpful at all and couldn't be bothered to understand me, so it is good to see that times may be changing for the better. Persistance and education of teachers usually pays off though and this is what happened in my secondary school.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri May 06, 2005 8:09 pm

Yeah I think teachers are more understanding of disabilities in general now. My mom is a teacher in Kindergarten here and she has to take courses on bullying, disabilities and things of that nature. I think it is really good since there seem to be a lot of kids who have Learning disabilities in general. :D Also, if teachers know about it, then kids may get interested too because the teachers could be like "oh, this person has this disability" and explain it so kids would understand. Then, maybe they would realize that people with disabilities are just like everyone else and they just operate a little differently. Everyone operates a little differently. So, in essence, we all are a little disabled in our own way. ;) :lol: :D B) :) Am I making any sense at all? :huh:
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Philip » Fri May 06, 2005 8:20 pm

Of course you are making sense

Everyone does things in different ways to make it easier for them to get things completed
Philip
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat