Asbos Targetting Autistic Youngsters

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby madame_tigre » Mon May 23, 2005 8:32 am

<a href='http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/story/0,6903,1489614,00.html' target='_blank'>http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/st...1489614,00.html</a>

Hope the link works, I've never tried this before!

I know this isn't specifically about Dyspraxia, but there is a link between Dyspraxia and Asbergers Syndrome and other autistic disorders, and this article made me very angry when I read it in the Observer last night!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Matt » Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 am

Oh for goodness sake! How can you get an Antisocial Behaviour Order for staring over someone's fence?!? Do these people have brains?!? And more to the point, do they have any basic understanding of the disorders the children mentioned have?!? :angry:
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon May 23, 2005 2:44 pm

This is BULL!! :angry: It is not someone's fault if they are not able to stop staring at things to to a disorder in their brain!! Imagine if people were getting into trouble for just looking at one another...then EVERYONE would be in trouble! :rolleyes: It makes me angry when people are so ignorant. <_< :angry:
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:38 pm

It proves just how stupid and out of touch many of todays judges are. They let criminals off and send them away on a holiday, becuase they have had a tough life (yeah right, if you play by the rules you get nothing) and some poor person, who can't help their conditon, gets punished for not even commiting a crime.

If you've ever sat in a court room (I was writing up cases) It is very frustrating!
david456
Mega Poster

Postby k9ruby » Mon May 23, 2005 4:33 pm

How ignorent can you get? :( :angry:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby SomeT1 » Mon May 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Then again though you can see why they put the asbos on people because they dont understand whats wrong with the people so these people who complain to the police, dont have a wide enough mind to ask about the guy so they have narrow minds
SomeT1
Advanced Member

Postby Charlotte1 » Thu May 26, 2005 3:05 pm

This is definite discrimination against people with these conditions.

And I agree with Matt, fancy getting an ASBO for staring over someones fence!
Charlotte1
Forum Master

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat