Am I Weird?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby SpursFan » Sun May 29, 2005 10:34 pm

Ever since I can remember I have always hated crowded areas. It just makes me feel really claustrophobic and I feel like I can't breathe. I used to think that I was being unreasonable when I felt like I wanted to hit everyone who walked past me.

When I'm in shopping centres, city centres and confined spaces I find that people really irritate me. It is part of the reason why I've never been clubbing or partying (apart from social phobia). I hate cities and really populated areas and could never live or work in one.

I've read that this is sometimes the case with dyspraxia so does anyone else experience the same problems?

Matt.
SpursFan
Super Poster

Postby david456 » Sun May 29, 2005 11:02 pm

I feel exactly the same, maybe there's something in it. Bet a few more people add their names in the coming days
david456
Mega Poster

Postby Philip » Mon May 30, 2005 7:51 am

I also hated crowded areas - mainly shopping centres and the city centre. I hate loud music so this is one of the reasons I have not be clubbing for
Philip
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:20 am

I don't like how I am always nervous about bumping into people in crowds. They always seem to look at me funny. <_<
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:44 pm

I don't like crowds, I fall over and bump into people! :(
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:27 pm

I hate crowds as well and my phobia has worsened as I've got older as there's more things to look out for. I reckon Dyspraxics are afriad of crowds die to poor spacial awareness.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:49 pm

Well, I have to say, whenever I go into a crowded place, my heart starts pumping, I start sweating buckets, and I start breathing quite heavily. I think I quite literally have a phobia of crowds. I'm just terrified of bumping into somebody and that they'll react badly to it.

So don't worry, Matt. Fear of crowds is another symptom of dyspraxia, so you're not alone!
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat