Studying and Recovery.

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Studying and Recovery.

Postby Alice » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:09 pm

*hugs* I'm glad your feeling better about things now and that you have settled into a more manageable routing. Reareading my second post, it seems quite blunt and a bit cold. I'm afraid when I worry pepole are in danger harming themselves through behaviour I go into strict old woman mode. I know it can come across as a tough angry/agressive, I'm sorry if that happened and hope that you can realise that I'm just an intefering but well meaning granny thinly disguised as a 19 year old student.

I hope you continue to get what you want out of your studies.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm glad your studying is going well, and it's nice to see you back. Are you in your final year now, or is it a four-year course?

I was never offended, so don't worry. :) Misunderstandings are nobody's fault.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Henri » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Thank you everyone. It's a normal three year degree, so I'm preparing to go into my third year now. I'm doing my first term abroad, in Los Angeles, which is very exciting and immensely frightening at the same time! I also have a fear-of-flying which really doesn't help. Summer has been good but I'm incredibly bored; the lack of purpose and direction is genuinely disorientating, I may try and find some voluntary work to try and shake it off. I'll probably start a new thread about this soon.

Also, Vicky, I just re-read Caged in Chaos, and it not only reminded me of the perils of teenage life but how useful and important the right advice can be. The gratitude which you are owed is immeasurable. I would definitely like to try and write something similar one day!

How have you guys been?
Feel free to contact me about anything on hrapson@gmail.com
Henri
Forum Master

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat