Talking?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Talking?

Postby mysticalwater » Wed May 19, 2010 7:18 pm

At school most people refer to me as "that creeepy/weird girl that doesnt talk". With my friends/family I talk a normal amount but with other people I talk really quiet or only use short answers like yes or no. It is a problam when a teacher is trying to help me with something and I also get Ds in all my speaking and listening GCSE coursework.

Is anyone else like this? Is it anything to do with my dyspraxia?
mysticalwater
Super Poster

Re: Talking?

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm like that, yeah. Mostly, I think it's just shyness and awkwardness in social situations.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby gabriella mason » Fri May 21, 2010 8:49 am

i get that 2 dont worry hun
gabriella mason

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat May 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Social akwardness and difficulty pronouncing words are both dyspraxic things.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Dizzy D » Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm like that, it's actuly frightning the diffrence between school/new people me and the home/with my bff me it's like I'm 2 diffrent pople. When I'm at home or with my bff I'm realy chatty and happy :lol: but when I'm at school or around new people I never say anything and get realy shy :oops: the diffrense is frightning! :|
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby Rosie-posie » Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm like that too but i dont go to school anymore when i get to know people i really come out of my shell.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby C » Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

I get socially awkward at times, when I'm with family/friends/people I know well I talk quite a bit but I'm very shy and unconfident with strangers and when I'm in large groups. Also, sometimes, even when I'm with a couple of people I know fairly well and a stranger I can't think of anything to say, or when I'm talking with more than one other person I struggle to find the right words to say (I think maybe because when I'm only with one other person you can sort of take turns to speak, but with more than one person involved I sometimes find it hard to get a word in edgeways).

I am a lot better than I used to be, though, I rarely used to speak in public at all.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

I get socially awkward at times, when I'm with family/friends/people I know well I talk quite a bit but I'm very shy and unconfident with strangers and when I'm in large groups. Also, sometimes, even when I'm with a couple of people I know fairly well and a stranger I can't think of anything to say, or when I'm talking with more than one other person I struggle to find the right words to say (I think maybe because when I'm only with one other person you can sort of take turns to speak, but with more than one person involved I sometimes find it hard to get a word in edgeways).

I am a lot better than I used to be, though, I rarely used to speak in public at all.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby haemopath_bro » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:10 am

im qute awkward with words because i didn't learn how to put sentances together until i was about 7-8. i suck at talking to strangers on the phone but im sweet with door to dooring (i do that a lot because im fundraising) though i do get tounge tied.
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Im like this too. Even with friends, im quiet a lot, and still a bit with family. Normally i cant think of what to say, or feel that what i do say may be judged/taken n the wrong way etc.

Wierdly though, get me singing, and i'll sing my heart out, no matter who im around or what im doing. So i've started using this as a way to send messages etc to my mates which i wouldnt otherwise find a way of telling them.
Fenrir
Super Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat