My MRI scan results

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

My MRI scan results

Postby babooshka2002 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 pm

MRI SCAN RESULTS.

Doc: Hi, erm... I can't actually find it... who told you we had it?

Me: The secretary - she was faxing it through to you as we were speaking.

Doc: Ah, ok, I didn't realise it was a fax, I'll go and look in Reception.

*five minutes later*

Doc: No, I still can't find it.

Me: Erm... she said she'd address it to Dr Geddes, if that helps?

Doc. Hum. Maybe she had the wrong fax number. I'll ring you back.

*five minutes later*

Doc: Yes, found it, it was in his slot. It is literally a single line - completely normal brain appearance.

Me: Aha, well that's exactly what I expected! Thanks!

So there we are, as I thought - entirely normal. An fMRI might pick up interesting things about blood flow and which side is more active, if there is anything unusual in terms of blood flow in different areas, but I don't know if it would and I didn't have one of them. I was told last week that I could expect an appointment with Dr Duffey in July (most likely - I'm pencilled in for July but all things vary, probably depends on how many urgent cases pop up), so I will discuss the possibility of an fMRI with him just out of interest, but I doubt it will be considered appropriate.

So! To sum up where we are now - I'm not fully dyspraxic but have some dyspraxic tendencies (co-ordination and balance trouble and had problems with an ideo-motor dyspraxia test but no trouble at all with an ideational dyspraxia test), I have problems with executive brain function (which is associated with a few psychiatric and developmental disorders including ADHD, autism, tourettes, OCD, depression, schizophrenia etc) and I'm hypotonic (chronically low muscle tone) hyper-reflexive in the right foot and I have a slight temor. I have a completely normal brain appearance.

In future, I am being referred to the department of neuropsychology, the occupational therapist wants me to have some complicated tests of executive function and also thinks that seeing a psychiatrist would be beneficial.
babooshka2002
Super Poster

Re: My MRI scan results

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi there,

Just thought I would flip my 2p in. I have severe dyspraxia, mild ataxic cerebal palsy, sensory processing disorder and a tremor. I also had an MRI done. My MRI is normal, however my neurologist warned me that even those with the severest of CP the MRI will come up as normal on occasion, so this is entirely normal.

:) Just thought I would chuck that in for you.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:29 am

I'm glad you're getting help. I don't think labels matter, so long as you get help.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby carebear15 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 pm

I have mild spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. adhd, and deafness and other problems and also mild to moderate mental retardation.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat