Stroking people's faces

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Stroking people's faces

Postby Alice » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 am

MontyDyspraxia wrote:I love hugs too :lol:

I love hugs from pepole I'm used to hugging, and it's not a very gradual transition. Pepole think it's strange how I am obviously uncomfortable with any form of touching, and then I'll suddenly want to hug them often.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby James Brimer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I just don't like being hugged, its makes me feel un easy...
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby abi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:11 pm

i dont like being touched, once someone hugged me unexpectedly, and i hit him, really hard.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I feel uncomfortable with family and friends touching me so if a random stranger tried to stroke my face, I would probably end up smacking them. For me, it is just a total invasion of personal space. As for touching other textures, not really, I'm not that tactile to be honest except for bubblewrap of course because that stuff just awesome! :lol:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby evilmuffet » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm

That's interesting. Don't stroke peoples faces mind you, I'd be too nervous and kinda hate physical contact mostly. There are certain things I just neeeed to go over and touch.
And bubble wrap is amazing!
Pearls was also mentioned, I love shinny things, feathers, anything silky and soft toys. It's embarrassing when I see a big fluffy toy I'll just go over and cuddle it. Haha. :oops:
I'm just thankful I don't look my age or it would be much more difficult.xD
I love you piggy!
evilmuffet
Advanced Member

Postby wadey » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:16 pm

I hate being touched, and also hate touching other people. but i do love touching certian materials, while other materials I will refuse to touch as i cant stand the feel of it.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Remus wrote:I feel uncomfortable with family and friends touching me so if a random stranger tried to stroke my face, I would probably end up smacking them. For me, it is just a total invasion of personal space. As for touching other textures, not really, I'm not that tactile to be honest except for bubblewrap of course because that stuff just awesome! :lol:

I have punched people for stroking my face before

A bunch of kids in my secondary school noticed I "overeacted" to it, and started touching my face and jeering at me in groups. I may have lashed out at a couple.

I'm still quite intollerant of face touching, but I let my bf touch my hair, which is a huge improvement. I don't hit people anymore either.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat