Smelling Things

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Smelling Things

Postby James Brimer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:18 am

While the other threads are on the go, I thought I might as well start this one up. I have a very strong sense of smell. Food, Matieriels, pretty much anything. if it produces and odur detectable by the human sense of smell. I feel the urge to smell this. Though I got told of recently for smell the food we were about to eat when we had guests round. (I could sit all day and just smell things "sighs", though I hate the smell of lkive stick, esspecialy horses. So much on fact that I can't go near a stable block.
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Re: Smelling Things

Postby Steph » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:52 am

I love smelling new paper so I always sniff printer paper and the pages of magazines. I also love smelling the top of babies heads. I wouldn't describe my sense of smell as strong though. I certainly don't have any reaction to smells that make other people heave and retch, such as vomit. For that reason, I'm usually on cleaning up duty whenever our cats have accidents as my mum is very sensitive and it makes her retch severely so I do it because I have a strong stomach in that sense.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I pick up and smell everything, especially if it brightly coloured. It's quite awkward because I can't not do it, but sometimes I don't want pepole to look at me funny.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:31 pm

I have a very sensitive sense of smell. If it's strong or pungent, I'm likely to dry heave. For me, the worst smells are oranges and mint.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Rosie-posie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm

I also have a strong sense of smell for me are body odour, smoke and vomit.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby wm1995 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:24 pm

I can only smell certain things (generally undesirable things), and smells such as orange juice and mint will make me dry heave too (I thought it was just me!)
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat