More Questions

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

More Questions

Postby wm1995 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm sorry that I have so many questions.
1. I always worry about the future a lot more than any of my family or friends does. Is this just me, or do other people feel like this also?
2. I hate being in trouble. I start to cry uncontrollably when I think I might be. Does anyone else feel like this?
3. I dislike throwing things away, even though they have no actual meaning and are quite often broken. Does anyone else also do this?
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Re: More Questions

Postby abi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:20 pm

dot worry about asking loads of questions, anyway, 3 isnt many.
number 1 & 2 i am the same, number 3, im not like that, but my mum most definitaly is. dont worry, your not alone in these, and none of them are the end of the world.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby award » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:24 pm

1,2 and 3 are the same with me dude dont worry
-------------------------------------
Adam
award
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Don't worry about asking questions-that's what this forum is here for after all!

I used to worry about the future a lot, especially when I was on Jobseekers Allowance after university, but I find that now I am settled in my job and have my boyfriend beside me, it doesn't worry me any more. Nobody can predict what will happen in the future so I try not to worry about it any more. I do make plans for my future though but I think most people are like that, dyspraxic or not.

I also hate being in trouble. I remember being summoned to see the head of year in Year 7 as I had received a referral (a disciplinary procedure) for consistently failing to complete homework-in typical dyspraxic fashion, I was always forgetting to write it down and I was a day pupil at that point so had nobody else to rely on. I was in a group special needs session at the time and one of the girls, who was in the year above me, said, "Uh-oh!" and drew her hand across her neck indicating deep trouble. I instantly felt sick and tearful and began to cry when I was in his office. Another time, my GCSE RE teacher, who is actually the same guy, called me to his desk when giving out the mock exam results. I was not allowed extra time in my mock exams so I had run out of time to complete the last section. Consequently it was completely blank and he had given me a U for it. He was perfectly kind about it and just asked gently and quietly so nobody else in the classroom could hear, "What happened?" but that was enough to set off my tears! He guessed that it was because I had not been awarded extra time for the mocks and was very understanding but I kept feeling that I had let him down. I think that's why I get so upset-I am a perfectionist and can't bear the thought of letting anybody down! I have cried more times than I can list here-basically whenever I have been told off for the slightest thing.

As for the third one, I only have that problem with clothes. Even when clothes are stained and torn, I have to be forced to throw them away as I bond with my clothes so easily-it sounds weird but there we are! As Abi says, though, none of them are anything to be ashamed of.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wm1995 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Steph wrote:[I] can't bear the thought of letting anybody down!.

That's exactly how I feel! I'm so relieved that it's not only me. It's a bit awkward because my school is an all boys school so only in exceptional pain do most people cry. Ah well :)
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 pm

1&2 are me. I don't think these are directly dyspraxic things, but they could be caused by the stress of living in a world that isn't suited to your brain.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby k9ruby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 pm

I also hate being in trouble. I remember being summoned to see the head of year in Year 7 as I had received a referral (a disciplinary procedure) for consistently failing to complete homework-in typical dyspraxic fashion, I was always forgetting to write it down and I was a day pupil at that point so had nobody else to rely on. I was in a group special needs session at the time and one of the girls, who was in the year above me, said, "Uh-oh!" and drew her hand across her neck indicating deep trouble. I instantly felt sick and tearful and began to cry when I was in his office. Another time, my GCSE RE teacher, who is actually the same guy, called me to his desk when giving out the mock exam results. I was not allowed extra time in my mock exams so I had run out of time to complete the last section. Consequently it was completely blank and he had given me a U for it. He was perfectly kind about it and just asked gently and quietly so nobody else in the classroom could hear, "What happened?" but that was enough to set off my tears! He guessed that it was because I had not been awarded extra time for the mocks and was very understanding but I kept feeling that I had let him down. I think that's why I get so upset-I am a perfectionist and can't bear the thought of letting anybody down! I have cried more times than I can list here-basically whenever I have been told off for the slightest thing.

This is me to a 'T'.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm

!,2 & 3 for me as well, although, not #2 as much.

But 1 & 3 deffinatly. I am always overthinking things, what might happen, what will happen etc. Sometimes i suppose it can be seen as a good thing because it means you can prepare or think about a situation more than others, but i find sometimes it gets too much and i always manage to turn it in to negative thoughts :(

And 3, well...i still have toys and games from when i was around 6. Every time weve had a clear out, ive defended them to my last breath to make sure they didnt get thrown away :lol: I didnt even play with them when i first got them either.
Fenrir
Super Poster

Postby James Brimer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:47 am

Same hear....
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat