I have to see an orthopedic surgeon to see if need to wear

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

I have to see an orthopedic surgeon to see if need to wear

Postby carebear15 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 pm

braces for my feet and ankles. The doctor said i have loose ligaments. I don't understand what that means but getting closer now to some help
help me know what all orthpedic sureon do and what help they can provide. I always heard weak ankles which i never knew more now i am 25 and trying find out what next step. I hope if braces are choosen for me that they will help me walk steady on my feet.
I aint getting surgery i will say it now because I dislike surgery. I rember when i had tubes put in and tonsils taken out and the aniastragia( sorry i can't spell the word too hard) it makes me get sick.
is there a website to see pics of braces that go up all the way up over ankle. he braces would be plastic and made just for my feet. and i can wear them in my shoes.

Itr is better to get help now at 25 than when i am older. thanks so much for any support i can get from you all. Update on the appointment i had.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: I have to see an orthopedic surgeon to see if need to wear

Postby k9ruby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 pm

I used to have braces when I was little! I used to have them all up my legs (If I remember correctly) up until I was about 5 or 6 due to the fact all of the bones in my legs turn in. But I sort of managed to overcome them so I'm probably not the best person to talk to about them, however, that just means they didn't work for me personally, they could work for you :)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 pm

I don't know much about this, but I hope it helps you. *hugs*
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby carebear15 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 pm

June 29,2010
12:30 pm
for orthopedic surgeon
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Snork_Maiden » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I have loose ligaments and my ankles are particularly bad. On a really bad day I can hear a click with every step as all the 'bits' in my ankle come out of place and go back in again. Do you know if it is actual proper braces you are getting or just custom orthoses/insoles for your shoes? I was told they wouldn't go for braces until I had evidence of a lot of damage having occurred within the joint as it would only weaken my ankles further and speed up the deterioration. I have custom orthoses and custom boots which tie up around my ankle really tight to keep it in place - they do a fair job.
Snork_Maiden

Postby Max Meads » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:07 pm

I haqd to wear insoles for my shoes when I was young as my feet we misshaped. Its nothing to worry about, they're actually quite comfy! :D
Max Meads

Postby evilmuffet » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:59 pm

I hope the brace will really help out your legs. I have a vague idea of what loose ligaments is and I suppose it must be very troublesome when you go on walks and your legs give in from being very unsteady. Be glad if those braces make it a lot better to walk at least! :)
I love you piggy!
evilmuffet
Advanced Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat