Friends

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Friends

Postby Lawzy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 am

I love being social and talking to people, I'll pretty much talk to anyone who listens :P. I went to a dypraxia talk a couple of months ago though and alot of people there were saying they found it difficult to make friends and worried about explaining to people they had dyspraxia. I don't care what people think to be honest, I'd tell anyone I have dyspraxia it's not my fault I have it.
Lawzy
Power Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Im ok talking to older people and at explaining dyspraxia i just find it difficult talking to people my own age and making friends to be my main problem
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby James Brimer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 am

Just remember, Your unique, Just like everyone else...Heard that a few days ago, great saying.Almost as funny as the ending phargraph of Freaks & Geeks. 6 idioms is as many scentences an absoloute master piece. b
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Creative » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Do you think that people with dyspraxia get on better with other people who also have dyspraxia or doesn't it make a difference?

I'm better at getting on with older people than people my own age and I wondered if I'd get on better with people of my own age if they also had dyspraxia?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm

I also find it easier finding older friends and ive also found that i get quite alot of my friends have similar conditions (although i dont have many friends, apart from fb friends) i have a friend with arthritis and i used to have a friend with adhd.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Trin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:13 pm

I would think that it would vary from person to person. That might be an individual choice or personality trait. Some people really just want to be on their own while others want that social interaction. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with that. People are introverts or extroverts and they get their energy either from other people or by being by themselves.
Dyspraxic Teen now looking for physician jobs. Yes my daughter did it Congratulations Katie.
Trin

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat