Greetings!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Greetings!

Postby Kieran » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Firstly I want to congratulate you all on what is such a fantastic website. One of the few of its kind I could find anywhere on the internet. I have been reading posts on here for a while.

Well this is my first post so may as well use this chance to introduce myself.

My name is Kieran and I am a student living in South London. I am 19 and have both Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia at an early age and much of my life could be described as a battle. I have endured bullying, depression and fustration as a result of my difficulties. More often than not however I won these battles and feel my experiences could help many of my fellow Dyspraxics. I have passed my GCSEs, A Levels and gained a Higher Certificate of Education at Kingston University. I chose to leave Kingston after one year and I am transfering to Winchester to start a degree in Politics and Global studies. In my spare time I play the Clarinet and Guitar and am currently learning to drive an automatic car (lack the coordination for a manual). I am a passionate Newcastle United fan and also I enjoy books, films, sport, politics and playing Rugby.

Well thats it pretty much! I look forward to talking to you all!
Kieran
Kieran

Re: Greetings!

Postby Debbie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:21 pm

hey kieran
welcome to the forum.
im Debbie and im 18 years old
i was diagnosed with dyspraxia at 17.
i forgot to annouce on my greeting thingy that i have dyslexia haha.
im not good at describing myself so u can ask questions if u want :)
Debbie
Forum Master

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Hey, Kieran! :D I'm Beth.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Fenrir » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey, welcome Kieren :)

Im Dan, 16. I was diagnosed with dyspraxia sometime between the ages 2 & 4. I love music, and i'm currently learning guitar myself (still very beginner though, switching between chords is hard :lol: ). Im also interested in military planes, and making models of them, along with other models (warhammer 40k etc). I've just finished my GCSE's, and now enjoying my holidays until i start college :P

Also now in the process of being diagnosed for aspergers syndrome (i've just been to the GP today and got a referal)
Fenrir
Super Poster

Postby ThatMadHatter » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Welcome Kieran!

I'm Jay.

Hope you have fun on the forum :)
Uniqueness! Eccentricity! FTW!
ThatMadHatter
Advanced Member

Postby JamesStanley » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Kieron im James im 17 years old from stafford i was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when i was 6 i have recently been diagnosed with patial marfan syndrome in my free time i do presentations on dyspraxia and am currently working on a support.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) I am Esther and I'm 21 (maybe to old for this forum, but I have neem here for years and no-one can get rid of me. :P) I am doing a degree in Classics at Durham University.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:35 am

Hello Kieran, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Hello there.
I'm Benedict and I'm 18 and have Dyspraxia and Asperger syndrome.

Yeah, this site is a very unique site mate and I have found it ever so helpful for daily life and everyone here is ever so nice and understanding.

Hope you like it here.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat