Hey

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Hey

Postby Kat_Smith » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:17 am

My names Katie but you can call me Kat
I was told i had dyspraxia in early junior or primary school im not sure [ive got right shoddy memeory ^^] but i know it was ages ago anwho i didnt think much of it then and they didnt really explain it to me so i kinda forgot bout it.
since then ive gone through major periods of bullying and a fairly bad [hase of depression caused partly by it. People like to bully and make me the joke because i was different id didnt help i was socially inept anyway since nobody actually explained dispracia to me i just though i was weird and didnt really know what was going on and i also get the extra help i needed [resulting in me now haveing to do an extra year of school ¬¬].
In school weve been preparing applications for uni and it asked for any mental disability and my teacher said no matter how small write em doin because unis like to know this kinda stuff so i though bout putting that i had dyspraxia and decided i should actually do a bit of research on it and find out what it was and what it meant aas well as how it affected me and now i know that if id bin informed early i couldve got extra help i need in school and people may have bin more understanding about a few of my difficulties rather than being patronizing or treating me like an idiot and right now i have to say im pretty angry nobody explained this to me when the said i had it i mean all i got was a few sheets to help getting my letters right way and put in special needs for being anti-social which didnt help in the slightest. anywho im hoping this website wil help me learn more about dyspraxia so i can understandit more really im just really miffed right now [trying to censor myself ^^'] cos it couldve all gone differently if the damned teacher who told me i had it actually told me what "it" was and what could be done about it.
anywho hi im hoping to make a few friedns while im her to im 18 now btw if i forgot to mention ^^.
Kat_Smith

Re: Hey

Postby Debbie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:47 am

hi kat im Debbie :) im also 18
Debbie
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:56 am

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:36 am

Hello Kat, welcome to DT. I'm Remus, I'm 18 and I'm mild dyspraxic (although it's unofficial, trying to get it sorted out). I live in Birmingham, West Midlands where I am currently training to be a zookeeper. I have four cats and two fish and love all sorts of animals especially big cats as I hope to work with them someday. I love books, movies, music, television especially TV series.

Hope you enjoy the boards!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Kat im James im 17 from stafford i was diagnosed when i was 6 its nice to meet you.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Kat_Smith » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

nice to meet you all ^^
Kat_Smith

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat