Speed Attacks

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Speed Attacks

Postby Remus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Well that what I nicknamed them. Basically, they are rare occurrences but I still get them from time to time. They are these weird episodes which don't last that long, five minutes max but in this phase, I go extremely dizzy (I have to make sure I'm sitting down) and it feels like time has slowed down. I know it sounds completely crazy but that's how they feel to me. I feel like my actions have been slowed down during these episodes and it is the most strangest experience. I always figured it was to do with my height as if I get up to quick, my vision goes fuzzy and blurred for a few seconds but I should grow out of that.

I was wondering has anybody else experience something like this as crazy as it sounds?
Remus
Site Admin

Re: Speed Attacks

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm

I get that as well.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Debbie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 pm

I sometimes get that too
i stand up then sometimes my vision goes all blury

do you know what it is exactly? always wondered
Debbie
Forum Master

Postby JamesStanley » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 pm

I get that as well

I dont know what it is though
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Is your blood pressure OK?
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 am

Hypotension.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:20 am

I get symptoms like that when I'm having a very heavy period, when I'm dehydrated, and when I haven't been eating properly. Lots of things can cause people to get dizzy spells. It might be worth mentioning them to the doctor the next time you go.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:19 pm

parnassus wrote:I get symptoms like that when I'm having a very heavy period, when I'm dehydrated, and when I haven't been eating properly. Lots of things can cause people to get dizzy spells. It might be worth mentioning them to the doctor the next time you go.

Could be low blood-sugar too but I think hypotension (low blood pressure) is more likely. I doubt it's anything to do with Dyspraxia.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:43 pm

It isn't dyspraxia. Low blood pressure and low blood sugar are both problems for me, and they account for two of those three things. The period thing is a mystery to both me and the doctor, as it doesn't happen all the time.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Rosie-posie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:11 pm

I have polycystic ovary syndrome and used to have very heay periods - sometimes bleeding for a month. I'm now on a very good pill so dont experience that but when i did i often felt dizzy.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:37 pm

It's not the dizziness what creeps me out, it's the whole feeling of slow motion. It's just the strange sensation.

It's definitely not low blood pressure in my case. My entire family has problems with high blood pressure and a few of us are on tablets for it.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby abi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 am

sudden fluctuations in people with high blood pressure can immitate symptoms of low blood pressure.

please speak to your doctor, this sounds like it is blood pressure related, but it could be something that needs dealing with. its probably nothing, but its better to be safe than sorry.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:21 pm

parnassus wrote:The period thing is a mystery to both me and the doctor, as it doesn't happen all the time.

I suppose the doctor checked your iron already?

Perhaps it's hormonal.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

I remember nearly fainting once in the shower when I was having a very heavy period.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Remus wrote:It's not the dizziness what creeps me out, it's the whole feeling of slow motion. It's just the strange sensation.

It's definitely not low blood pressure in my case. My entire family has problems with high blood pressure and a few of us are on tablets for it.

I know sort of what you mean. How much sleep do you get each night? Also, you should get your blood pressure checked. Just because your family has a history of high blood pressure doesn't exclude the possibility of you having low blood pressure.

My friend has a BP of 100/60 and he has the same problems described here. I take all my mate's blood pressure for fun. I have stage 2 hypertension (baaaad) so I am always taking it as I am exercising to try and cut it down.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat