Brain fail moments of the week.

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Brain fail moments of the week.

Postby babooshka2002 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm

About a week ago, I left an electric hob on overnight. I did not figure this out until the following night when I came to cook some pasta. So I turned it off, muttering angrily to myself. Boiled the kettle for the pasta, boiling water into pan - and forgot to turn the hob on. Half an hour later, I realised why my pasta was just sitting there and not boiling. Went for cheese on toast with beans instead. Burned myself on the baked beans, dropped the toast, cheese-side down (of course), on the floor twice, left the cheese out overnight (fortunately only two slices left - pre-sliced cheese for the win - I discovered it - no more problems with cutting cheese yay!), also left the fridge door open and the grill on.

The following morning, closed the fridge door while breathing very deeply to try not to erupt in furious swearing, fetched dirty plates from living room, put one in the washing machine and the rest in the sink. No, I don't know why either. These things happen automatically with seemingly no intervention from my brain whatsoever that hi Hazel, plates don't go in there! And if my brain had a fail, why put just one in? Why not put all the plates in? Who knows, it's a mystery. Went to the loo, literally bouncing off the walls in my hallway as I suddenly found myself unable to walk in the gap between the walls and my momentum from crashing into one wall took me into the other. Then I sat almost on the toilet and fell off. Walking out of the bathroom, I caught a foot on the doorframe and flipped myself into the opposite wall. Upon reaching the kitchen and noticing the plate in the washing machine I had what I can only describe as a temper tantrum, shouting all the filthiest words I know at the top of my voice while furiously kicking the hell out of the kitchen door. And I wasn't wearing slippers either at that point - bare feet. Then I washed up the plates, breaking a glass in the process. After that, limped sulkily to the computer in a thoroughly bad mood and made myself feel better by beating the crap out of some monsters.

I have these things happen a lot, but it's only when I have a run of them that it drives me seriously crazy! Grrrr!
babooshka2002
Super Poster

Re: Brain fail moments of the week.

Postby Rosie-posie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm

*hugs* sorry you had such a bad day.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby abi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm

that sounds a lot like the evening i went to matts house for teh evening, thankfully, matts family understood, and my friends just made fun of me after i had camled down. as they had the sence to wait till i had calmed down, i joined in. i hated some (not the entire evening, over all it was gd) of that night, and i think i ended up with a head injury from the walls, cuts from a broken glass, and a screwed ankle.

i think all of us have times like that, dont worry.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Sorry had such a bad day babooshka
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Remus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm

*hugs* Sorry to hear you had a bad day.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 am

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day, Hazel-I hate days like that!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby James Brimer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:12 pm

this afternoon we had a friend over. We were still doing shcool work and his mum (the friends) asked me to put some hot water in het herbal tea...I did. It was then I found out that she acturly meant boiling wateing with 2-3s of cold water in it :oops:

james
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat