Uh...Is this "normal"?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Uh...Is this "normal"?

Postby justme6565 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

I'll have to second what Remus and DyspraxiaNoMore said. Grief is a very personal emotion, and we all deal with it differently.

From my own experience: when my Grandpa died two years ago, I didn't grieve for him outright, but I wasn't myself. I guess the blues sort of snuck into my everyday life-- I found myself more consumed by negative emotions than I normally was. I got angry at everything... I never made the connection that it had anything to do with my Grandpa, until I talked to someone I trusted, and after discussing my Granda, I felt so much lighter just to get that out.

Long story short: I don't think there's a "normal" way to grieve. Fictional or no, people who affect your life affect your life... And grieving them is something completly subjective.
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Re: Uh...Is this "normal"?

Postby wm1995 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:23 pm

When my great grandmother died, my sister and my mother cried for an hour or so, but I couldn't cry at all. (This was in 2003). I think I cried briefly and silently at the funeral, but other than that I didn't really go through a mourning period.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat