General Symptoms of Tyler Holthoff

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

General Symptoms of Tyler Holthoff

Postby Holthoff94 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I can hear things most people can't; like if something is far away. I can smell things too, but some things are more smelly to me, if that makes sense-(only certain things I can smell better). For some reason, I work really well with piers, I dont know- that might be just me- but for example theres a kid in my class with autism and i understand him better than most people and he talks to me, i think because we have alot of the same symptons, but i understand his problems.
I cant speak in full sentences sometimes, and/or express my full opinion, i think this is because my mind works faster than my mouth- only i understand what im trying to say. I have the spaz problem were sometimes my legs shake uncontrollably. My eyes are sensitive to the light; i must wear sunglasses everytime im outside. I have oversensitive hearing- i think thats y i can haer far away, but it also hurts my ears when somethings loud.

is this too much? did i make make since? comments please. i just wanted to put this out there; talk about my life with someone in the same spectrum. i will read a paragraph if you want to right me one. 8)
Holthoff94

Re: General Symptoms of Tyler Holthoff

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 am

Hi welcome to the forum im James im 17 i was diagnosed with dyspraxia when i was 6.
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi, Taylor :D Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here a lot! :D

By the way, please try not to use the word "spaz". You never know who you're going to offend :wink:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Hiya! I'm Steph and I'm 23. I have both dyspraxia and Aspergers Syndrome. I live in Surrey in south east England and I work as a support worker in a residential school for children with severe and complex epilepsy and other neurological and physical disabilities. It is very challenging but I enjoy it and I am getting better at it now! I love animals (I have 3 cats at home), the Internet, learning about other cultures and languages, reading and listening to music. I hope you enjoy the boards :D

PS. I agree with Monty about the spaz word.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby JamesStanley » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah i never noticed earlier but you shouldn't really use that word
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby carebear15 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 pm

you shouldn't because it is offensivive to people like me that have spastic diplegic cerebral palsy.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Dizzy D » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:44 am

Hi welcome to the forum! I'm 12 and I was diagnosed when I was 10. I didn't know where to go to for help or support but then I found the forum and it's helped a lot! Also instead of feeling sad about your symptoms you might learn to be happy about some of them, like over sensitive smell. I't can come in handy (I have that too) also hearing faraway sounds can be a pain but it can be helpful to! So welcome and I think your going to like it hear. (I'm not getting at you but please don't say spaz I hear that of my stupid self senterd sister to often) :wink:
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat