I found it difficult

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

I found it difficult

Postby SparksMiles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 am

I found it so hard to find new mates, job, girlfriend and other difficult I haven't had any good mates since I was in school I'm 21 now I found out I had dyspraxia when I was 12 but since the 9 years it's been hard I wish my mum never told me
SparksMiles

Re: I found it difficult

Postby parnassus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Sparks, do you know why finding out about your dyspraxia made things harder for you? I ask this because most people find it a massive relief to learn that their difficulties have a name and that there are ways to cope with them. I think it's important to remember that whether you are diagnosed with a medical condition or not, you are still the same person - you would have exactly the same set of abilities and difficulties even if you had never been told about your dyspraxia. In many ways, knowledge of your condition is the most powerful thing you have, as it means you know where to look for help. You would still have the social difficulties even if you didn't know they had a name, but you wouldn't have come to this forum and started to make friends here. So it does balance out in the end.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat