Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Re: Who's dyspraxia causes problems with food here?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm

^ sounds good to me

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 pm

:D mmm!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Some foods are hard for me to swalow. I will eat msot things. thigns with to strong smells are hard also.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Hahaha, it sounds like everyone here has a "slight" pasta obsession!

Yes! Pasta is good! Especially with dolmio / bolognaise! I only really like pasta when it's really soft. So I have to boil it for aaaages! I thought this was normal but apparently it's not! :P

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

same! I don't always like the sauce on them though. I had pasta for tea last night, and more pasta for lunch today. I also like rice, but i don't alwats like the things that's with it - for example, i don't like curry. at all. some smell o.k, but the taste...

I'm o.k. with some spices, but not all of them.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 am

ohpandahat wrote:Hahaha, it sounds like everyone here has a "slight" pasta obsession!

Yes! Pasta is good! Especially with dolmio / bolognaise! I only really like pasta when it's really soft. So I have to boil it for aaaages! I thought this was normal but apparently it's not! :P

I like it soft too, easier to eat. Pasta is only nice when softysoft.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:25 pm

I especially like the spaghetti pasta and the pasta tubes!

What kind of pasta do you guys like the best?

It's a bit odd that we all like pasta so much because theres quite a large variety of pasta - pasta twists, shells etc. and they all have different textures to them! Can you guys eat all the different varieties of pasta without having a problem with any of their textures?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 pm

I like most pasta expect for wholemeal pasta.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:32 pm

I love love love pasta shells. I also love tubes and spirals. Spirals is the best for pasta bake. I'm a fan of lasagne too but I havent had it much lately. Spag I like but it's a bit of a pain to eat as I find it hard to twirl around my fork. Macaroni is blergh though. One of the few kinds I dislike. Never had that funny green and red type, dont remember the last time I had bow pasta either though I might try that..and I dont like wholemeal pasta.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 pm

I like all pasta, yesterday and day before all i eat was pasta, which i guess it quite bad but it very yummy

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm

I absolutely love lasagne, I love the tortellini type pasta but I prefer bolognaise with pasta swirls or shells to spaghetti because I love the texture of pasta swirls and spaghetti is very awkward. I also love pasta salads.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:11 pm

I can't stand the texture of meat, so much so that I'm now vegetarian.
I also struggle with things like yoghurt and rice pudding, the texture is like ewwww!

Crunchy things like kitkats I also find horrible :(

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 am

I eat most things but I can't stand the raw tomatos, it's not the taste that does it for me it's the texture.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am

I have a very good sense of taste and smell, so while I do eat a variety of food it's hard to ignore something I don't like about a food. The smell of most canteens makes me nausious, which is why it would have been problematic had I gone into catered halls (I would probably have lost a lot of weight, more than I did in the first term last year anyway).

I think being introduced to a large variety of foods at an early age helped somewhat.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

I think most food problems here are a mix between dyspraxic and autistic tendencies.

I'm over-sensitive to taste and texture. Most fruits I can't eat because of the fleshy texture, even if I life the taste. for example I love orange flavoured things, but couldn't eat an orange, just about the only fruit I will eat by itself is an apple. The same is true of vegetables, the worst things are cooked carrots and sweetcorn which make me feel sick. I'll eat potatoes, peas and broccoli, and I can put up with cooked mushrooms in something if there's not too many. Lastly I can't stand chilli, if someone opens a jar on the other side of the room I can taste it, definitely no need to eat one :P

I think I'm slightly better now than when I was younger, I used to find things really hot (temperature not spice) that I'd say are normal temperature now. I was also quite a messy eater and usually managed to get something down my front most meals, as well as being slow (as I still am rather.)
Post a reply