Pysio

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Pysio

Postby Dizzy D » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:36 pm

OW! Anybody else had physio? thoughts? mine have to be OW!
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Re: Pysio

Postby parnassus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm

I had some physio when I was sixteen. I didn't find it painful, just dull. I was already quite flexible and strong when I started, which perhaps explains why it wasn't painful for me.

It did help to improve my balance, although I used to get bored with the exercises and rush through them if I wasn't supervised by someone.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Super Nekou » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:04 am

parnassus wrote:I had some physio when I was sixteen. I didn't find it painful, just dull. I was already quite flexible and strong when I started, which perhaps explains why it wasn't painful for me.

It did help to improve my balance, although I used to get bored with the exercises and rush through them if I wasn't supervised by someone.

Heh, I rushed through even when supervised. I got bored very quickly. But I was 13, so I think things would change now.
I had it from 13 right through until 14 where the hospital thought that breaking my legs and stretching the muscle might improve my walking. I refused to go back. Might have the treatment wrong, but it was definately something to do with breaking bones. I hated it, thought it painful, uncomfortable, and annoying. I have poor flexibility.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Postby Spoon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:12 pm

I had it when I was quite small in order to help with walking, balance and other coordination things.

I'm considering it again now to help strengthen my legs for walking. There are a few simple exercises I know I should be doing anyway (lifting legs, spinning ankles) but they're dull and I forget!
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Dizzy D » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:05 pm

lol I have three exercises.
Try and get my ankle to touch the ground when I'm on my bottom step
Trying to stick my leg up the wall
and some weird stretch you probably do in PE that I cant describe.
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby wadey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:27 pm

the only time I had physio was when i broke my wrist, and had to do weird exercise which I found hard to do.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Super Nekou » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Bumping this back up, I'm going to adult Physio for muscle excercises and support with getting a disabled car badge. This is good news!
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.
Tumblr
Super Nekou
Forum Master

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat