drugs

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

drugs

Postby abi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:52 pm

does anyone else here have generally stronger reactions to drugs than normal? does anyone know if it is realted to neurilogical disorders?
i know a lot of people with various neurological disorders/differences, and most of them seem to have unusually strong side effects to some drugs. personally, i find opiates (right now, codiene), NSAIDs, anasthetics, and some antibiotics are really bad. i
s it just that they/we are all just people who naturally react strongly to drugs, and also happen to have neuroligical differences, or are these things related?

sorry if this makes little sense.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Re: drugs

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

I personally have been blessed with a weak reaction to most of the medications I have taken-the side effects never seem to occur in me whereas they do in a lot of other people. The only noticeable exception is aspirin and any other medications that have aspirin as an active ingredient-it makes me vomit. My key student at work is severely autistic and has an allergy to NSAIDs (I didn't actually know what NSAIDs were until I was speaking to the nurse at work about this and she told me). There is a topic about this on either the Chat Cafe or the Debate Forum started by Dan-it must be a few pages down now though.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: drugs

Postby wadey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

medicince doesnt work for me.
wadey
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat