Perental Pressure

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Perental Pressure

Postby Shaun DIckinson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:41 pm

:cry: Ever been made to feal about two inches tall?
I've just had the most unplesent conferontation with my own mother about my "need to get with the program (life)" she claims that I am disorgonised , slow , and to much of a dreamer and will never get a job for more then a week.

Right now my self worth has hit near zero , the best part is my parents claim to ahve read all about dyspraxia but they don't twig that what I am showing are casebook symptoms . They just think that shouting at me to "do something with my life" is the best way forawed .

Have any of you experienced Perental Pressure like this?
Shaun DIckinson

Postby Matt » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm

:(
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

Postby Charlotte » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:55 pm

:( indeed!

I am very lucky in that my parent's are on the whole very supportive of me, although occasionally my father does get angry about me spilling food and drink, oops! That makes me frustrated so I can't imagine how terrible things must be for you

Maybe your mother doesn't realise how much words can hurt. :(

Maybe you could get some information about the symptoms of dyspraxia and show them to her and then talk to her about how you feel?

Good luck,

Charlotte x
Charlotte

Postby Jon » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:46 pm

My parents were mostly pretty supportive, though also sometimes got annoyed when I spilt things (and at my vagueness...) Being 'too much of a dreamer' or disorganised needn't be a disadvantage, anyway - in lots of the more interesting jobs a 'different' way of looking at the world can be useful. Hopefully your parents will becom more sympathetic eventually, as these symptoms can be hard to change...
Jon

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat