Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Re: Is this fair of my school and my parents?

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:39 pm

I never had that option.

I think it is a rare exam concession-scribes and word processors are much more widely used than transcripts.

Re: Is this fair of my school and my parents?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 am

jpowls wrote:
Steph wrote:I also have barely legible handwriting (most would call it illegible but my argument is that it CAN be read if someone is willing to take the time to decipher it-most people aren't). For all of my exams, I had a transcript. This is where my original exam paper was rewritten or typed up by somebody in the SEN department, stapled together to the original and both sent off to the examiner. I think this is easier than searching for somebody who has the patience to read very poor handwriting. I have to admit extra time did help me as, when all the others left after the normal examination finish time, I had not finished because of my slow working speed so it was helpful for me but I do accept there are other concessions that can work better for others.

Good point well made.

I never had that option.

I should stress that I'm NOT saying extra time should not be offered, but it should not be assumed that it's the solutions to all dyspraxic related problems for students, which I felt my school did.

Opps. I just re-read that post and realised i left out a rather important "not" (now in capitals) in that post. So I think my point might have been lost. A very bad habit and my fault sorry.
Post a reply