You seriously won't believe this

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

You seriously won't believe this

Postby parnassus » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:09 pm

Meet Vicky, dyspraxic girl, bookworm, sports-hater, and...er...member of her school's new all-girls' rugby squad.

Yes, you read that correctly. No, you don't need glasses. I am on a RUGBY TEAM!

"How did this happen?" you will no doubt be asking yourselves, in a state of utter stupor. Good question. I happened to be walking through the Sixth-Form Centre when a notice tacked up on the board caught my eye. It was an advert for the innovative new team, asking interested girls to sign up on the attached sheet. Some fool - er - fellow-student had thought it amusing to add my name.

Hmm...

Instead of crossing myself off like a sensible person, I whipped out a pencil and scrawled 'Captain' next to my name. Any excuse for a laugh. Whoever the would-be joker is, they have now got me on their rugby squad! I will post an update after we have our first practice. This should be a good photo opportunity. :D
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Helen » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:21 pm

Oh brilliant! Love it. :lol:
Look forward to the next bulletin.
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby Matt » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:41 am

LOL :D :wink: Can't wait to hear more!
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

Postby madame_tigre » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:29 pm

ROFL :lol: Has there been any more news on this?
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

womens rugby

Postby towildhoney » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:57 pm

I read caged in Chaos today thought it was great but notted the hostility to rugby so was ammused to see this posting on website I tried this to make friends and have to admit I am the worst player in world but this does have distinct advantages to other team games one if your a forward you can resort to the fact that people of far larger (especialy in rugby) targets than balls and can concentrate on tackling rather than fancy kicking Johny Wilkinson style with the ball also in my experience womens rugby is somehing of a minority sport so tends to have more of a welcoming and less ruthless selection policy than most sports. Though will not lie and say you can expect it to be pain free ha and you just have to get over the embaresment of coaches discreet attempts to bring circles in closer for practise passing. Overall can say this did genuinley improve my coordination.
Have fun
towildhoney
Forum Master

Postby parnassus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:53 pm

We had one practice and someone (not me!) broke her nose. The school cancelled the club on grounds of being unable to secure an insurance policy!

Hmm, I wonder why. My presence probably made the policy rocket up in price!

My hostility to rugby is well-known and it is all the fault of the rugby players in my boarding house. (Grrrrr.) The scrambled egg! The strawberry milkshakes! The weight-gain solution! The porridge! When the boarding house kitchen is overflowing with dirty crockery that is caked in porridgey, glutinous gunge, and I am responsible for clean-up, I could quite cheerfully sprint out onto the First Fifteen pitch and drag them back into the kitchen by their shorts to make them sort it.

At least I would, if I were physically capable of shifting an 80kg prop. Let alone a whole team of them.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat