free laptop

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby parnassus » Fri May 27, 2005 9:24 am

I am very jealous of people who can produce beautiful handwriting and excellent essays at the same time. The computer seems without soul at times, but I couldn't live without mine.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:03 pm

As others have said I know that you can get access to a ALPHASMART adn when you start uni there is funding usually available to get accessible it software and upgrades for computers etc....

(although as erm iv not been to uni as yet even though im 22 im yet to see that happen for myself)

Lea
xxx
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Xx_vampire_xX » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:45 pm

I was given a Alphasmart at the end of year 9 to use until I had left. It was much better for me to do my work on but a lot harder to go into class. The other students used to always ask why I had a laptop and they would complain about the noise I made when I was typing on it. I would forget it on purpose to lessons I read in Caged in Chaos that a girl used to have the same problem its hard when you’re the only one that’s different in your class it just draws unwanted attention.
Xx_vampire_xX
Super Poster

Postby fuzzy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:42 pm

I got a free laptop by applying for a disabled students allownace but Im at uni not school- my school did provide laptops on loan for those who needed them though- hope this is of some help, Reb :D
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:20 pm

Laura, I have the same difficulty in exams - many candidates grumble that they are unable to concentrate because of the clatter of my keyboard. (It is a special keyboard with low keys that feel rubbery to the touch, so it makes hardly any sound whatsoever.) I either ignore them completely or tell them that my sensory integrative dysfunction means that the noise of their pens scratching on the paper is far louder to me than my keyboard's noise is to them.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat