Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Re: Umbrellas are dangerous!!! ¬ ¬

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

That is a really cool umbrella Remus, I want one!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Alice wrote:They're suprisingly common. You come across them in shops all the time (if you look at a lot of umbrellas like I do).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbrellaworld-Aluminium-auto-umbrella-orange/dp/B004VRBAHA/ref=sr_1_27?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1308594158&sr=1-27
I think this one is an automatic. See the little trigger on the handle? You push that and it opens all the way.

I'd shop around though, I've seen them cheaper and nicer looking before. I have one from a pound shop which is very stylish.

Thank you! I will have to look for one of those! Better than having a war with my current umbrella when trying to open it! ><

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Remus wrote:I'm okay with umbrellas although if it windy, I can have trouble holding on to them.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2616/Samurai-Umbrella

^ That's my umbrella. :D I just love the funny looks I get with it and trust me, no one comes near me when I have it with me especially when it's folded down as it does from a distance look like a proper sword! :P

I find I have more trouble with other people and their umbrellas, some people are deadly with them! I've been jabbed in the neck before by the metal spike parts, not nice!

REMUS YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!!!! Now I know what i'm getting my boyfriend for his 21st hahaha!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 pm

im good with umbrellas just be careful!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm

I came to this conclusion when i first used a umbrella.

They are ninja's! You open them and they attack your face then when you walk if if might attack your eye and if you wear glasses like me your glasses fall off then you stand on them and they break. if it is windy they decide to attack the wind by doing a ninja move where they turn inside out and do a back flip.
Then when you put them away they attack your face again and fly away and you have to chase them in the rain.

So by the time you have walked from the car to the front door you are more wet then if you had not used a umbrella and you have a bruise on your face and you have to go back to the car to drive to the vision express to get new glasses. And then when you get there some randomer will say "should have gone to specsavers" and I will say "No, should have bought a better umbrella."

I was 9 when this happened :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 am

Some of the umprellas in primark at the moment have that opening mechanism, but I wouldn't recomend them in the wind (I suppose when it comes to structural soundness, you get what you pay for).
Post a reply