Update, hI everyone

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Update, hI everyone

Postby Aoife_B » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Hey so if this is in the wrong place...which I imagine it is..sorry, feel free to relocate.

Uhm so I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and no longer fit the criteria for dyspraxia guys, still hoping it's okay I stay on here a bit.

One big change is I came out as transgendered, for those unaware, let me fill you in. I am a transgendered male, so the gender I identify with is male, despite the fact I was born into a 'typically female body'. SO basically my body doesn't fit my gender. On this note, if everyone is comfortable, I have a preference for male pronouns (he, him, his) and go mostly by Joey now as my name will be changed officially to Joseph in the near future. This is one of my excuses for not being on here as much!

Also, (some people from the UK may know this) Just over a month ago, a family of four of chinese origin were murdered in wootton, northampton, northamptonshire by a man named Anxiang Du in their own home. Unfortunately One of the two children (the other being 11) was my 18 year old friend, Xing Ding, and extremely lovely, inspirational and talented young girl who had played at the albert hall and was on her way to becoming a doctor. This obviously shook the world of our school and her friends, the school is just opposite her house and I had spent a lot of time with her just the day before the incident, another reason I've been away.

In more related news, I saw an OT recently who did an assessment on me, she recommended a medical alert in my notes and a medi-alert bracelet due to my very high pain threshold which can obviously be dangerous if I am badly injured but symptoms dismissed as less serious due to showing low levels of pain.

Hope everyone is well
Aoife_B
Super Poster

Re: Update, hI everyone

Postby kateliz22 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 am

Hey I'm sorry to hear that =( If you want to talk or anything I'm always here. My name is Kate, Im 22, I like reading, music, films, art (looking at not doing!) and interested in different cultures. Welcome to the forum =) xxxx
kateliz22

Postby Star » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that must have come as an awful shock to you. If you want to talk then feel free to PM me. As for you not fitting the diagnosis of dyspraxia I'm sure that most people on here would be happy for you to stick around.
Star
Mega Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 am

Hi

Welcome back to the forum, Sorry to hear about your friend, and being transgendered is no problem I know someone who is transgendered who is a friend of mine its no big deal. Also i was diagnosed with Aspergers as well this year I've been reading some books on it I really like Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome, don't know if you've read it.

Also it doesn't matter that your not Dyspraxic there still similar i think that there are some other members on here who don't have dyspraxia just similar conditions

James
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 am

Yeah, It's horrible what happened to your friend it really is :(

Aoife_B wrote:Uhm so I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and no longer fit the criteria for dyspraxia guys, still hoping it's okay I stay on here a bit.

Actually just because you've now been diagnosed with Aspergers doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have Dyspraxia, most clinicians just see no point in a diagnosis of them both as the criteria for Aspergers also highlights coordination difficulties.
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome back, Aoife. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend-that's awful! Oh and Benedict is right-a lot of people with Aspergers have dyspraxic type difficulties in with their diagnosis-in fact, I think the only reason I have both diagnoses is because, when I was a young child, Aspergers wasn't a well known diagnosis. It was added to the DSM in 1994 and I was diagnosed in March 1995-the dyspraxia had been diagnosed in 1993 so, if I was younger than I am or I was diagnosed later, I doubt they'd have seen the point in 2 separate diagnoses-of course you are still welcome to post here.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm transgendered... (Unconfirmed)
If you ever do go ftm (a bit extreme?) be warned that it's dangerous.
I'm to young to get mtf. :(
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Bruce
Forum Master

Postby Paddington » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi Paddington here
To me it doesn't matter if your transgender, gay or religious weather you have Dyspraxia or any other related condition were always here for you! treat us with kindness and we will do the same for you.
I am really sorry about your friend, if you ever need any support please just say so if there's anything I have learnt about DT it is they there always someone to help you whatever the problem.

I have been officially diagnosed with dysgraphia ( if you don't know its basically dyspraxia )and dyslexia and never with dyspraxia but I consider myself dyspraxic because I fit more of the criteria my parents don't just want to spend money on another couple of hundred pounds for a certificate.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat