Caged in Chaos by Victoria Biggs

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Caged in Chaos by Victoria Biggs

Postby mattlovesjess » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 pm

i Recived my copy on friday. ive nearly fineshd it and im loving it :-D its really interesting and informative. normaly when i read a book i get bored, miss out a few pages and skip towards the end lol but with this one i ent missed any lol
Mattie_199106@ hotmail.co.uk

www.bebo.com/falloutboyrule2k7
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Postby Bliss-Helena » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 pm

It was this book that made me understand my dyspraxia and realise that I wasn't alone.
Thank you!!! :)
Bliss-Helena

Postby Remus » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I forgot to mention. I finally got around to order it on Amazon, it should be coming anyday now. I am really looking forward to reading it from all the good comments everyone makes about it. Vicky, I read on the back of the book that you write it when you were 16 which I didn't know and just though, that's amazing at such a young age! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:05 pm

It is amazing! :D I hadn't come to terms with my dyspraxia when I was 15 and I didn't understand it very well.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 pm

It came today and when I got it out I wasn't expecting such a big book, I expect it to be small! I love the colourful cover.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby justme6565 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:30 pm

I got the book several years ago, and though I'd been diagnosed several years before that, it was my first real introduction to anyone else with DCD/Dyspraxia. Prior to reading, I belived that DCD affected only my coordinalton, that some of the other "weird" things i did were just "weird." This book helped me come to terms with myself. Thanks, Vicky!
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby Alicias Dad » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Read the book a few weeks ago and Vicky is also the reason I came to this website. my daughter has dyspraxia. Well done Vicky you did an awesome job, I would highly recomend it to anyone that has any contact with any person with dyspraxia, teachers, parents, aunties uncles anyone at all should read it. We live in Malaysia and trying to get a copy of this book was like trying to buy the queens personal diary... I wanted to buy a few copies so I could distribute them to pretty much anyone that comes in contact with my daughter but then again peope might get disturbed if I start handing them out in the street... Thanks again Vicky I had a great learning experience and I laughed a lot too...
James
She looks far more cute with food on her face I dont know what all the fuss is about....
Alicias Dad
Alicias Dad

Postby babooshka2002 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm about halfway through my copy of Caged in Chaos and enjoying it immensely! I love the writing style - very amusing and friendly. I've been nodding and grinning a lot in recognition. :)

I really identify with the exam results thing. I got A* grades in French and German GCSE, but was far more pleased with my C grades for English. I adore reading and I got a A for the Creative Writing segment, but goodness me, never ever ask me to analyse poetry or Hamlet, because it's like asking me to do something I find completely incomprehensible, backwards. I was just so pleased to get those Cs - it meant I had triumphed when the odds were I'd do a lot worse - showing off my abilities in English was harder than in any other subject.
babooshka2002
Super Poster

Postby Laura19 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 pm

well done for writing the book i thought it was a brilliant with so much information and i found out about this website from the book which seems brilliant 2 well done! lauraxx
Laura19
Power Poster

Postby James Brimer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Vicky deserves a medal :mrgreen: , I just got my copy and read it in one sitting. What an exellent book, it helps me a lot. I know have a second book to refer to..
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby Dizzy D » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Parnasus, I havn't read your book yet but I'm hoping my mum will order it soon. This isn't why I'm commenting though, I was hoping you could help me, I love writing storys, but I never get them finished, I don't know why, I start them write about half a notepad thenleev it, also I have some great idears but have no idear how to write them down! Any idears?
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby CakeorDeath » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Vicky, thanks so much for writing this book! It has helped me a lot and my parents have also agreed to read it.

:D
CakeorDeath

Postby johnnyWas » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:38 pm

What a great book! I've just read it tonight. My son and nephew both are dyspraxic as well as Aspergers. (My daughter also has Aspergers and two other nephews!) Phew! As you might guess it runs in my family! I'm from the generation that was just labelled 'stoopid' 'cack-handed' and generally written off for not being able to concentrate in class and do well in exams. It was heartening to know that this highly useful and entertaining book is out there for kids today. I was 'written off' by most teachers and dropped out of school, got into sex and drugs and rock'n'roll... and plenty of trouble. But now i'm a scriptwriter, also with my own company making mobile phone games (www.animentals.com) ((sorry, can I put that here? Please erase if contrary to the rules))

Victoria, thank you so much, I'm giving a copy to my nephew who is 13 and I'll link him up with this site. He's really struggling and it will help MASSIVELY. Totally brilliant. ********************** as many A*s as possible to you.

Greetings to you all.
johnnyWas

Postby DeeCar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm a young adult with dyspraxia, and Vicky's book really touched me.

I'm in the process of making a short film about dyspraxia and Caged in Chaos has been an excellent resource.
DeeCar

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I so want to get this book, I had read a preveiw on google books and it sound very interesting.
07williamsdj

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat