If you don't text back or are late home, I assume the worst!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

If you don't text back or are late home, I assume the worst!

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 pm

If someone I care about doesn't text me back within a certain amount of time then I always start thinking something bad has happened to them! This get's amplified if i've asked that person something like "did you get home alright" in which case, if they don't reply within 20 mins then they must be dead!

I always worry when my Mum or boyfriend leave the house without me, I worry something might happen to them and I know it's me being paranoid and I worry because i'm not in control of the situation. It's the same if someone is later home then they said they would be.

I know that some of these feelings are normal and alot of people worry, I wonder if these feelings are worse for me because of my dyspraxia though?

Any thoughts?
ohpandahat
Super Poster

Re: If you don't text back or are late home, I assume the worst!

Postby Creative » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 pm

I do worry about a lot of things but I don't really worry if someone doesn't text me back. I just think they are busy and will answer me when they get time.

It must be horrible for you feeling that anxious. Maybe counselling would help you feel less anxious about bad things happening to people?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby ohpandahat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Creative wrote:I do worry about a lot of things but I don't really worry if someone doesn't text me back. I just think they are busy and will answer me when they get time.

It must be horrible for you feeling that anxious. Maybe counselling would help you feel less anxious about bad things happening to people?

Yes, possibly so! I take anxiety medication sometimes if it gets bad. I just try to keep calm and focus on something else!
ohpandahat
Super Poster

Postby safcjcp » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 am

I do slightly but I'm more nervous when I'm by myself in the house or outside in the house every noise I hear I get nervous if I hear a car door open I have to look out the window and when I'm outside like going up to see my nana every car I hear I have to keep my eye on it and if a car stops behind me even at around 1/4 of the length of my street I get nervous and start to walk faster
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
safcjcp
Forum Master

Postby _robyn_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm not so paranoid.

Except when I'm in a place I have not been before. So if I'm at a friends house and it is the first time I have been there than I'm paranoid beyond belief but around my house I'm fine. I just dislike new places, I have to get use to them.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby _robyn_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm not so paranoid.

Except when I'm in a place I have not been before. So if I'm at a friends house and it is the first time I have been there than I'm paranoid beyond belief but around my house I'm fine. I just dislike new places, I have to get use to them.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat