Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 pm
believingindestiny wrote:When i was little i was diagnosed with a very mild case of Dyspraxia after being taken to a specialist because my mum thought i was walking strange. Anyway, until recently i kind of forgot i had the condition and started doing some research about it. Even though I've never suffered badly, which i'm very lucky for, I've kind of pieced together some things that i think are down to it.
1. I didn't learn to ride a bike too quite a late age.
2. I didn't learn to tie my shoe-laces until late as well.
3. I've always been rather bad at sports because my co-ordination isn't very good.
4. I have NO rhythm. No jokes.
5. I often stumble over my words. Is this one? (For instance, i'll say two words put together instead of one)
6. I'm very unconfident.
7. When i read aloud in class, i feel all funny and think that i'm going to cry unless i stop.
8. My attention span is weak and i daydream A LOT. (Hahaha, this might just be me )
I don't know which of these could be down to dyspraxia and which are just me (i'm 14) but if any are, especially the physical ones and the speech ones, is there any way to make it better or make it go away? Or is Dypraxia just part of who i am? Thanks x
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 am
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:46 am
Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:44 pm
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 pm