Special Skills?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Do You Have Special Talents In...

Mathematics
21%
Linguistics
16%
Sports
No votes
The Arts
5%
Music
No votes
Public Speaking Skills/Drama
26%
Other
32%

Total votes : 19

Postby bibliophile » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:20 pm

tujunga wrote:i am really good at public speaking if you let me make it up

if i read i fall to pieces i think that comes from being dyslexic.

Bibliophile-that's funny i read alot ie. i have to reread books or otherwise i would run out of reading material. I would get a book in the afternoon and have it finished in the evening. But yet my vocabulary and understanding of words is quite low(a 13 year old and i am 17)
yet i can debeat with the best and express my views really wells
weird how dsylexia dsypraxia and other learning disablities effect different peple different ways

tujunga

Same i can debate well apparently but thats only because i like to argue though i hate people shouting it just shuts all my systems down and i want to curl in a ball and be anywhere elso but there. I reread to i can't understand how people don't reread i love it as i notice things the second time or third i have not before. I can't read something i have not written in an exam without falling to pieces
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:43 am

I'm quite good at languages and I've been told I have a talent for creative writing, although I haven't done any in quite a while.
I have always been above average in most school subjects. The biggest exception was PE. My teachers were understanding but it was just a humiliation ritual twice a week for five years. I don't have to do it anymore :D. The other big exception was technology, especially textiles. I wasn't very good at any technology subject, but I was especially bad at textiles. I managed to break four sewing machines in the course of one lesson! The teacher was less than sympathetic and reduced me to tears :evil: :cry:
Apart from that, I've always liked studying and been good at it (forgotten homeworks notwithstanding.)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:34 am

I love to write poetry, and also have done a fair bit of public speaking....(was on tv on the programme This Morning, on the news a couple of times for different things, on the radio being interviewed, in a newspaper)

x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:45 am

Looking back at what Vicky/parnassus said a while ago, I don't think my skills are a direct result of dyspraxia, but I do think that being unable to do certain things helped me focus on others.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat