Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Recently been diagnosed with DCD!

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am

I have been recently diagnosed with DCD, but my coridination and motor skills are fine. I have always been good at sports, football soccer, team games etc. I have never had problems with speach and language. I am perfectly willing to accept the diagnosis, but the more research I do the more questions i have. I am 21 years of age, all the symptoms that should have been appartent when I was young dont seem to match my story. Although some things do match like problem solveing skills and so on, I hope someone can reply and help.

Thanks

Max

Re: Recently been diagnosed with DCD!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm

All I can suggest is go to your gp and ask them why they think ypu have DCD as they can explain to you, if you still have doubts tell them and say why you don't think ypu have or ask for an 2nd opion

Re: Recently been diagnosed with DCD!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Everyone with DCD/dyspraxia show there symoptons and diffcultys in differnt ways. Just beacuse you don't show all the symptons does not meen that you are you do not have DCD my brother sister and my self all have the same diognosis of DCD/dispraxia but we all show differnt symptons with the same dignosis.(For example some dispraxics can write and some can not)

What I am trying to say is just besuse you don't show all the symptons does not meen you don't have the conditions.
Post a reply