Hair styling and using electrical hair appliances!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Hair styling and using electrical hair appliances!

Postby ohpandahat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi everyone!
(Sorry, it's been ages since i've posted!)
I find it so hard to use hair stylers eg. straighteners, curling tongs and the latest addition - volumising brush! I have to watch so many tutorials on youtube, but I never seem to get the hang of it! I'm just rubbish with my hands!
Plus my hair is almost down to my stomach so it would be nice if I didn't look like a hippy-hobo, dragged through a hedge, every now and then! :roll:
Anyone got anything to share?! Or advice!
ohpandahat
Super Poster

Re: Hair styling and using electrical hair appliances!

Postby Steph » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't use any hair appliances apart from the hairdryer mainly because I have short hair and so don't feel the need to do anything stylish with it.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby CharlotteVanity11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Maybe you could try plaiting it or doing what I would LOVE to do, plait tiny parts and wrap it like you see in this picture with half down or something like that it's not only a beautiful style but you have a reason to ask for help and it's natural not fake :) you could ask your mum or friends to help cause not many people can do it alone ! :)
Attachments
sienna_miller_2803_4386.jpg
sienna_miller_2803_4386.jpg (95.61 KiB) Viewed 736 times
CharlotteVanity11

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

That is exactly the reason why I keep my hair rather short as well. I don't have the time in the morning to spend hours doing my hair -- plus, my hair is curly and thus it is almost impossible to have some kind of hair style at all. Except the hobbit-lookalike-hair style 8) :D
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby Alice » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 pm

When my hair was switching from straight to curly, the only practical solutions to the unruliness problems were an overly severe look (hair scraped back into a pony tail or bun, pinned like crazy, and cemented with about half a bottle of hairspray), or braiding it after a shower in the evening and taking it out the next day (which makes it wavy).

Now I can do something aproximating even braids on either side of my head (I REALLY want to learn to do a single french plait, but I just can't manage it yet after several years of trying), and pigtails/ponytails look like they're deliberately messy to show off my curls. Half the time it looks OK down, mabye scrunched a bit or something for a special occasion, sometimes I even sort out the fringe which does take some hairspray.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat