Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

My family are really angry at me?!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 pm

I was looking for a rubber and accidentally knocked over a pile of books and paper etc. I was going to pick it all up but my dad came over and started shouting at me so I stepped back and knocked over my chair :( My dad seems to think I did it on purpose.
Last edited by Bri97 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My family are really angry at me?!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 pm

i get that from people all the time they dont understand how acsident prone i am and it ets me down all the time

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

:)

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

maybe he was just in a bad mood, try and not worry about it too much.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Thnx, I am a bit over sensetive I will admit

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 am

I often get shouted at for the little mistakes I make. I've kind of grown used to it now even though I know that's the wrong attitude to take.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 pm

:)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Gosh, I know how you feel. Today, I had PE and it wasn't so good, and when I started telling my mom about it, she went on on a tirade, and got really angry with me, and for no reason whatsoever banned me from my iPad for a week. And then, when I was made to carry the chicken to the table I tripped and landed face-first and mom got really mad at me.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:03 pm

My parents treat me exactly the same way as if i didnt have dyspraxia whereas it was them who told me about my dyspraxia. They try to deny it in every possible way. :evil:

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 am

Perhaps he's just frustrated with having to deal with your dyspraxia. My mum took a very long time in understanding how bad mine was, and was forever shouting at me for things that were not my fault. She eventually came to understand though,perhaps you should email him a few websites and try to explain that knocking things over really isn't your fault.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 pm

i know how it feels

i get shouted at sometimes

show your dad some websites about dyspaxia
Post a reply