Social ineptness

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby mattie » Sat May 07, 2005 1:16 am

is this normal teenager stuff or is it just me?

I think it's normal - I'm exactly the same. I used to fantasize about committing suicide at least 50 times a day. I still do sometimes, but probably not quite as much as I used to. It's getting worse again though. Like I said, it's probably normal though.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby alexlaird87 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:20 am

i think that i may have seriosly concidered it about twice. but, obviosly, i never acted on it.
alexlaird87
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat May 07, 2005 6:33 am

I have considered it, but I never actually had a plan or acted upon it. This happened especially around age 12-14, a lower time in my life. Junior High is one of the worst times in the life of any American Teen. Once I got past it and got involved in youth group, I made more friends and I felt a little better. I do know some people who have tried to do it though. One girl I know almost did and now she is doing a lot better with her depression. It has been 2 years now and she is a lot happier it seems. I am glad because I was really sad when someone I did not even know really well died from suicide. I don't know how I would feel if she ever did. I will be praying for you to feel better, Mattie. I have a roomie who was depressed just last summer and now she is better. I hope you feel better too. You are really not alone. Everyone feels some degree of depression every once and a while, especially during the teens and 20s when people are trying to find out who they are. At least that is my experience. Hope the holiday goes well and you feel a bit better! :) Remember, we are always here when you need us too. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Sat May 07, 2005 11:32 am

Hi everybody :D

Regular users of this board may remember me as Charlotte. I haven't posted for a while and I forgot my password and my e-mail isn't working so I decided to completely start again with a new user name; C. Nice and simple!

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand! I have been reading all of your messages and all I can say is that I can emphasise with you and feel very sorry for you. I went through a bad patch when I was in my early teens but things are better now, although I still have bad days.

Mattie, are you seeing anyone about your depression? It may make thnigs better to just talk about it with someone. You've been very brave and made the first step by telling us all so don't feel bad about it because it's nothing to be ashamed about. Depression is an illness. I know it's hard but please try and get out the house and do things because it might make things better. The reason you're probably so tired is because you aren't doing much and this is making you tired, depressed, miserable and you probably have lots of headaches and feel ill too?

I don't know what else to suggest. Look forward to nice things you have coming up, like your holiday. I've considered suicide in the past too but only for a split-second moment each time and never, ever for longer than that. I can identify with a lot you are saying, although I think I am now a happy person, on the whole. It has taken me a while to get like this though, so don't give up! :D

Charlotte :D
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sat May 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Hello Charlotte!!

Welcome back! :D It's nice to see - errr - read you again!
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Sun May 08, 2005 9:31 am

I've considered suicide in the past, but I felt too scared to carry out any of the possible ways. Besides, I wouldn't want my friends and family to go through such a sad event and I'm still so young and I believe that I have lots of potential- and so do all of you who have considered suicide.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun May 08, 2005 1:21 pm

As miserable as I was at my last school, I never even considered suicide. The thought just didn't cross my mind. I have always held the irrevocable belief that life is sacred, ingrained in me from an early age, and that belief sustained me.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby mattie » Sun May 08, 2005 3:28 pm

I've planned to do quite a few things in the next few weeks (i.e get out more). Then I have my holiday in less than 4 weeks time. :D

I think you can probably tell that I'm much more cheerful today. :D :) :lol: :wink:

I told you my moods are very much up and down. It's really weird.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:26 pm

Hope you keep being cheerful, Mattie! :D
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Sun May 08, 2005 5:01 pm

Hope you keep being cheerful, Mattie!

Thanks

Matt.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby mattie » Tue May 17, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm feeling really, really rough again. :( I'm currently half way through drinking a bottle of red wine so that I can numb the pain, but it hasn't worked so far. :( :(

I just wish I'd never been born; I know that might sound a bit too extreme but I really really wish it were true.

I didn't wake up unitl 5 o clock in the afternoon today because I couldn't muster the energy to get out of bed. I'm going to try stop feeling optimistic from now on because it always turns out to be a very big disappointment.

mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:55 pm

Mattie,
I hope you feel better soon. 8) It is sad to hear that you are not feeling well again. :( :cry: Good luck. Just keep talking on here, okay??
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Wed May 18, 2005 8:01 am

Mattie, I hope you feel more cheerful soon, I know sometimes that just seems out of the question, but good luck.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 am

Dear Mattie,

I think the time has definitely come for you to go and see a doctor, especially if you are drinking to curb the sadness. You say that your moods fluctuate wildly from euphoria to misery. These symptoms could indicate the presence of bipolar disorder, or manic depression as it is sometimes known. The doctor will arrange for you to have a very simple screening test for depressive disorders. Then you will get a treatment plan - perhaps they will give you some medication to take, perhaps you will have to see a counsellor on a weekly basis, perhaps both. There are a great many different therapies available. Depression is extremely common - you are not on your own - and doctors/psychologists are used to caring for people with this problem. Make an appointment as soon as you can. You will only start to get better when you decide it's time.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu May 19, 2005 3:21 am

I agree. My grandmother has bipolar disease and it has helped her to get medication. I also know that antidepressants work well sometimes because i have a friend who was very depressed that got some meds and she is better now. She still has her bad days, but she is good overall. 8) Good luck to you! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat